Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-20-2003, 10:08 AM   #81
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Just answering you, not him

I guess your "response" means you haven't ridden all these bikes, have no knowledge from which to base an argument, but somehow continue on your merry way in spite of lack of knowledge, or facts, to back up anything you said. I know EB to be a pretty smart and sensible guy. How he keeps his cool sometimes is beyond me. I have read your stuff and wouldn't use the words "smart" or "sensible" to describe your blather. I believe in thinking before you speak, don't you?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2003, 10:25 AM   #82
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: MO Conspiracy

That's another thing. He's ruining all her mop handles!
Old 10-20-2003, 10:44 AM   #83
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default I Love you guys!

A chuckle a minute I tell ya.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:19 AM   #84
Blake_1
Registered Member

Default Ebass and his "opinions"

I very much appreciate your review and opinions on the three bikes tested. I do not appreciate your biased editorialization on the Buell engine, mainly becuase it is flat out wrong and grossly uninformed. I had hoped my comments would elicite a positive response and dialogue; unfortunately you've chosen to defend your falaciously biased views, but with no substance other than they are your opinions. Hmmmm.... the fact that you don't get excited over an antiquated engine is an opinion clearly expressed. However your assertion that the engine is antiquated is offered as a benign fact. Well, it is wrong. Did you know that HD was racing foru valve OHC engines back in the '20's? What is so "modern" about the extremely basic engine configurations of todays liquid cooled machines? They are engines with as much acestory and history as today's Buell engines.

So to be objective I'd say that if you are rating an engine wrt peak HP per cc, okay the Buell engine is in that one respect inferior to modern liquid cooled OHC engines.

However, if you rate an engine wrt peak HP per valve, the Buell wins hands down.

If you rate engines wrt max torque (low RPM HP), the Buell wins again.

If you rate engines wrt emissions, Buell wins again.

If you rate engines wrt efficiency combined with power, Buell wins again.

If you rate engines wrt ease of maintenance, Buell wins again.

If you rate engines wrt simplicity, Buell wins again.

Yeah, that "antiquated" Buell engine design sure is off-putting. And ignorance can be bliss.

Keep up the good work. Like I said, on the whole, your review was quite good. Maybe you are the one with too much caffein in your blood eh?

Blake
Old 10-20-2003, 12:29 PM   #85
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: POS Antiquated Buell Motor

It does seem a bit unfair to call the Buell's motor antiquated and to fail to apply the same description to the BMW's motor.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:56 PM   #86
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: POS Antiquated Buell Motor

Hear! Hear!

When I can run an internal combustion engine in a garage without it killing me then you've got an advanced technology involved. Until then, all these motors are just variations on a 19th century invention. It's called a paradigm and I'm not refering to 20 centavos.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 01:59 PM   #87
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Foul

Listen here there premature getoff. You may believe in thinking before I speak but I like to think for myself before I write.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 02:09 PM   #88
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Come Clean MO! Stacking the deck for Buell

Come clean tell us that Buell doesn't want a head to a head shoot out with a Japanese bike like a 600SS or an 600 old SS l(ike the CBR600F4i) cause it would get its ass handed to eat on its Sportster ass. Hey isn't this bike supposed to be the ulimate canyon carver. I sure would by the BMW or Ducati used in this article to do that. At some point Buell has to walk on its own merit. You guys are thowing softballs (BMW and Duc) at Buell to hit.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 02:10 PM   #89
KPaulCook
Banned

Default FOUR WORDS FOR YOU

Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, and Suzuki
Old 10-20-2003, 02:11 PM   #90
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Funky Twins Shootout

Four words for Buz. Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, and Suzuki. Buell doesn't have a chance