Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-20-2003, 06:37 AM   #61
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default And wear a hat when not on a bike, Ebass

It sounds like the SoCal sun has baked the all important humor brain cells.

Someone get him into a nice dark, cool bar and buy him a Guiness.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2003, 06:38 AM   #62
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: MO Conspiracy

Obviously never ridden a Guzzi. And you think Harleys are outdated tractors?
Old 10-20-2003, 06:50 AM   #63
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: MO Conspiracy

Remember Capt, the above poster has never ridden anything other than his one motorcycle he's owned for two years. Never been on a road trip. No dirtbikes. Oh, no friends either!

He subscribes to more motorcycle magazines than just about anyone on the planet so that's got to be worth something.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:51 AM   #64
KPaulCook
Banned

Default schizuki gets an F for reading comphrension and put up or shut up

"I did become a little wary when our XB sprung a slow leak at its oil cooler fitting, and it got a little worse when I saw another XB12R with a similar oil leak. I brushed that off as a supplier problem and rationalized that it probably wasnÂ’t endemic to all the XBs.

Other bad news

I got a little more worried when I loaded the Firebolt into the MCUSA van to return it and noticed a cast aluminum part at the front of the engine had a crack running two-thirds of the way through! Buell calls this part the "front isolator

"A riderÂ’s vision can literally blur while waiting at a traffic light, and the trembling engine moves around so much that onlookers occasionally are frightened the big lump might jump out of the bike"

"The engine occasionally coughs through the intake when cracking the throttle off-idle, especially when hot, and this hiccup once caused the bike to stall when trying to get underway from a stop light."

"I cursed inside my helmet about the dearth of top-end power when wringing it out, and the clunky, Massey Fergusson gearbox was annoying as I snapped off upshifts and downshifts like I was riding a 600. "

Trolling the Firebolt around town revealed a few other idiosyncrasies. That *****inÂ’ looking side-exit exhaust outlet from the underslung muffler dumps hot exhaust at a riderÂ’s left foot at a stop or when leaving a light, eventually making boots and pants smell like burned fuel.

While the fan may aid long-term durability, it is also an irritation as it whines like a trust-funder forced to work at Starbucks. Not only does the fan activate when riding slow, it also comes on as soon as the ignition is shut off, sounding like a warning system alarm or a small jet engine.

The unfinished (non-glossy) inner fairing panels look a bit cheap from the ****pit, and the plastic turn signal switch and bar control housings look and feel chintzy"

If you believe in the war so much go volunteer at goarmy.com

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:54 AM   #65
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: POS Antiquated Buell Motor

Click here
Old 10-20-2003, 06:55 AM   #66
Mike_L
Registered Member

Default Re: We don't NEED no ammo...

Weight is a fair measure, but don't forget to include the radiator and coolant when weighing the water-cooled motors.

I won't get into peak power vs. displacement argument. It's one-sided and useless. The displacement of an engine does not have an affect on my riding. Power delivery affects my riding. Small high rpm motors make little low end power and lots of top end power. Big low rpm motors make lots of low end power and moderate top end power. I'm after big low end power and moderate top end power. What good would it do me to switch to a small high rpm motor?

Also, while the RC51 has nearly as much peak torque as the XB12, it's still down on power and torque (duh, they're related) below 6k rpm. Since I spend most of my time riding below 7k rpm the XB12 makes more power most of the time.

Mike
'98 KTM 250 E/XC
'99 Z50R
'01 XR100R (wife's toy)
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:58 AM   #67
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Funky Twins Shootout

I have to think of something nasty to say! Do I really have to leave the site now?? LOL
Old 10-20-2003, 06:59 AM   #68
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Stacking the Deck

I guess I should of put a smiley face on it cause it was sarcasm. Cause I was trying to point out how you guys stacked the deck in favor of the Buell. Is this Buells real competition? Come guys quit stacking the deck in favor of Buell. You guys have been doing this ever since Burns was here.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:00 AM   #69
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Clueless in Diego

I guess I should of put a smiley face on it cause it was sarcasm. Way to keep up Buz. SDSU thing again. ADD? Low IQ?
Old 10-20-2003, 07:48 AM   #70
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Let EBass answer for himself

Why go to the expense and trouble of a comparo when ole EBass can just whip out his *****slapping devining rod and tell us which bike will *****slap the competition. Lord only knows you don't pay this prophet near enough for his extra sensory perceptions.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote