Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-18-2003, 07:42 PM   #31
ebass
Founding Member

Default Re: Somebody's gotta do it....

Mmmmm, that doesn't really work either.

Why don't you try insulting me by ridiculing my half helmet or saying I wear arm chaps or some other really worn out and no longer original attempt at being funny. You could always accuse me of riding ***** with the Highwayman or if you really wanna nuke me, you could tell everyone that I once admitted to secretly agreeing with KPaul.

Cmon SA, you've been swinging from these trees long enough to become the editor, you can surely dole out a few time tattered MOisms!
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2003, 03:03 AM   #32
pattonme
Founding Member

Default past performance is no indication of future "earnings"

ie, the disclaimer you see on any investment literature applies. I am definately impressed with this review but regretfully there is no assurance it will continue to achieve this or higher levels in the future. I hope they will but...
pattonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 07:02 AM   #33
staff
Registered Member

Default Re: past performance is no indication of future

Fair enough, just remember that this review is the first from the new "regime" at MO. Sure many of the players are the same, but things are changing over here. The new editor has been a MO reader from year-1. EBass has been around for a while. Several ex-staffers still drop-by from time to time and will be making occassional contributions. The puppet master who own's MO is still the same. Rest assured, MO is still MO, just know that this revised staff is going to do everything in its power to satisfy its loyal readers. Ok, I've got to run, it's MotoGP time on Speed Channel!
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 09:29 AM   #34
rags23
Registered Member

Default Gas MIleage #s

First of all, thanks for doing this comparison! Hard to see any world motorcycles being tested by mags nowadays

2 among those 3 are in the list of my next bike to get, so I would like to know what gas mileage you observed on the street?

Also, is it possible to list out maintenance costs, if possible - for example, the Dacti's desmo adjustment every 7500 miles - how much would taht cost? BMW = Blow money Mechanic's Way?
rags23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 12:52 PM   #35
cyclesteve
Registered Member

Default Re: past performance is no indication of future

Will JB be one of the contributors? Please!
cyclesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 01:10 PM   #36
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: POS Antiquated Buell Motor

Antiquated and it kicked these others' arses? Seems like blinders on to me there Mr. Bass. It's too bad the 12S couldn't have been in on this test. I'll bet most of these motojournalist equate valve quantity with advanced technology. You can think that if you want but you can't deny the torque this bike has that the others can't match. This particular v-twin is designed with the KISS principles. I'll wager that before you know it the 2 cycle motor will return and it has way less parts but makes buco power. I say this because a guy has a patent on a 2 stroker that burns straight gas and lubricates like a conventional 4 stroker. I'm guessing that this motor will not be called old tech even though it won't have 4 valves per cylinder.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 01:10 PM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Somebody's gotta do it....

Jeeez. Now you guys are insulting your paying subscribers and arguing with each other in front of the public. Lighten up.

Ebass. You need a nice long mellow putt somewhere. Do it today.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:30 PM   #38
RonXX
Founding Member

Default Corrections

Here are some errors, but I think the story is good overall.

2nd Paragraph: "get on the binders earlier then expected" should be 'than'

4th Paragraph: "we us them to squelch the odd sounds" should be 'use'

6th Paragraph: "brakes work fantastic in street situations" how about an 'ly' on the end of that adverb

I'm not going to look for more, I've grown tired of it.

RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 02:58 PM   #39
kawazuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Funky Twins Shootout

Ha ha ha ha. That's cool. I should take my Warrior out there and actually see how it hustles around a race track. That'd be fun.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 03:13 PM   #40
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Defending EBass and a reality check for Buellsters (Firebolt is not there yet)

Every time I see a post critical of EBass because he mentioned a few flaws with the Buell reminds of those wacky right wingers every time someone reminds them how much the war in Iraq is costing us and about no WMDs being found..

[*] 1. Sean mentioned some of the same problems yet because he rated the bike #1 in this weak set of competitors. no one jumps him By the way MO next time put the Buell up against the Duc 748 and the 600s from Yamaha, Honda, Triumph etc.

[*] 2. Equally critical reviews from other print and web mags see Read the entre review please Buellsters

[*]3. Also see what everyone is talking about Buell quality at its best a cracked motor mount

Bottom line the MO picked a good set bikes for Buell to beat i.e. an equal match but is this Buell's real competition??? I think not

Keep trying Mr. Buell.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote