Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-20-2003, 05:37 PM   #101
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Come Clean MO! Stacking the deck for Buell

Just ignore him and refuse to respond to any of his idiotic posts like the rest of us.

We've all been down this road before. You can tell when he's off his medication when he posts the same link multiple times and replys to himself.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2003, 05:39 PM   #102
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Anyone can moderate posts Einstein

Check yours now! lol
Old 10-21-2003, 03:27 AM   #103
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Foul

After reading what you write, I believe having someone else do the thinking might be in order for you. We can go over again your lack of knowledge of anything you said in this thread, but we've been down that road haven't we? I guess when you faced the fact that you really don't know what you are talking about, you really got pissed. Facing the truth is a tough thing for people like you.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:59 AM   #104
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Thinhide

Wahhhhhh!
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 05:03 AM   #105
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: We don't NEED no ammo...

All that's really important is if you're having a good time riding the bike of your choice. Most of this arguing over engine configurations is so much horsemanure since a given config is going to have certain advantages over other configs depending on how it's going to be used.

It depends on what sort of riding you like to do. There are some really fun tight mountain road sections I ride where the horepower advantage of the inline-4 is no advantage at all. In fact a supermotard will usually cleanup on almost any sportbike. Some places see a 600-4 getting waxed by somebody on an old Yamaha 350/400 twin, despite a 50+ horsepower difference.

I think that most of these pi$$ing matches over engine configuration are based largely in the minds of people who make themselves feel better by putting others down. Logic is not a major part of it.

It would have been interesting to see an Aprilia or a 600-4 run as a comparison on this test track just to see the difference, though.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:16 AM   #106
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Thinhide

I have hundreds of thousands of miles in the saddle from around 35 years of riding. You were sucking hind nipple when I was riding bikes that are considered antiques today. You didn't ride the compared bikes and I didn't but shouldn't we paid subscribers be able to use this forum to disagree. To make you happy we should all just fawn over all that is written by you nobel laureates. As for brain power, I had enough to get though a 4 year Engineering degree at Iowa and MSIE at Purdue. I also have two U.S. Patents under my name. Whether my missives bear truth to this, I have no idea, but then I'm not paid for this either. Ole John Burns let all this kind of stuff just roll of his back. Burnsy come back.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 05:30 AM   #107
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Dude, you have so hit the nail on the head

"I think that most of these pi$$ing matches over engine configuration are based largely in the minds of people who make themselves feel better by putting others down. Logic is not a major part of it."

Why else would anyone carry around motorcycle statistics in their tankbag instead of a map?

Old 10-21-2003, 05:47 AM   #108
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Thinhide

Maybe you and KPaul can compare MSF scores too? God what a sorry display of "braggin rights". Since you look like a fool, you want to prove you are an educated fool? OK. If you are going to "disagree", why not make some sense, or shut up? Didn't they teach that in all your schooling? You must have missed that class. 35 years of riding didn't teach you to not talk out your ass? Slow learner I guess. I don't need any schooling to know when someone should shut the f&ck up, and that was you a loooong time ago. I enjoy making a fool out of such an educated person as yourself. It's so easy too. You do all the work and I go along for the ride. It must be a hard thing to bear for you. So far, you and KPaul are the 2 "engineers" here. After seeing you two morons, I would advise anyone to stay as far away from engineering school as possible. Maybe you need a degree in common sense? Ole Burns would have called you an idiot too, except you wouldn't have understood him. No wonder all the others here thought you are an idiot. Never really knew what they meant, but you have shown me the light. Keep it coming. I'm enjoying this. Tell me again how "smart" you are. LOL
Old 10-21-2003, 05:48 AM   #109
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Default Re: POS Antiquated Buell Motor

Nice try at acting like you know what you are talking about, Blake.

Erik has done an incredible job of polishing a turd, but make no mistake, the Harley engine is a turd. The only reason that it doesn't shake the rider clear off the machine at 6k RPM's is because of Erik's uniplanar isolation system. Basically, he decouples the engine because the engine itself is like a giant sex toy.

Please note: I am not claiming that the other two engines are technological marvels, nor am I claiming that the anemic torque of a 600SS is the perfect answer, nor am I saying that all bikes must have Busa performance.

I am, however, noting that engines that sound like lawnmowers when stock and flatulent dinosaurs when piped aren't exactly something to be proud of. Engines that vibrate so badly that you need a few brilliant patented ideas to isolate the rider from the problem are not engineering masterworks. A bike that shakes at idle so badly to cause carpal tunnel syndrome in traffic is nothing to bring a tear to the eye of an American engineer.

We need to quit making excuses for Harley motors.

In a sound bite: Erik's boys have done a brilliant job of making an almost great bike out of a lousy motor. Imagine what it would be like with an RC51 engine. No excuses necessary.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:06 AM   #110
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Good one

This was your most educated response yet. Smarter that anything else you have said so far. I think your "engineering" degree is kicking in. LOL