Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Panoptx Cyclone Sunglasses (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2168-panoptx-cyclone-sunglasses.html)

jeffreyc 10-15-2003 07:08 PM

Re: Panoptx Cyclone Sunglasses

Dude, EBass, wipe that orangish smudge off of your chin and upper lip!

I like my PanOptX's too. I would recommend them to anyone.

gceaves 10-15-2003 10:36 PM

People actually wear these things? My God!

Get a helmet, dude.

rider_md 10-16-2003 12:35 AM

i bought a pair a few years back when i was wearing contacts (before i got lasik). i bought em to wear under my full face helmet to help against the drying of my lens even under a full face helmet.

they helped. A LOT.

but that aside, they're an excellent buy i would recommend to anyone. i still use 'em. yes they're $$$$, but in this case you definitely get what you pay for

longride 10-16-2003 02:00 AM

I just got a set of these last month. They work. And for the dude that says "get a helmet", I wear em with the helmet.......dude.

Lowrez 10-16-2003 02:21 AM

At least its a review

You may have risked sounding like a corporate lackey, but at least we know that you've touched the product!

IMHO, it doesn't read that bad. Hell, I just might recommend them to some of my half-lid Harley friends.

SmokeU 10-16-2003 03:42 AM

I wear a pair of $330 prescription Oakleys under my helmet. I'll wait a few years and see the long term effects of lasik before I go spec-less

pushrod 10-16-2003 04:38 AM

You LASIK guys may want to consider using good wrap-arounds.

I believe that procedure is the one where they cut the cornea and lift it away to sculpt the lens. If so, I've been told by several eye surgeons that the flap never really heals, and is very susceptable to tearing, if the eye is hit by something or is subjected to a blast of air or water, especially from the side.

Hope this helps.

HDSquid 10-16-2003 04:53 AM

I have a pair of these and while they are good, the design incorporates a double lens structure which can allow water to get in between the two lenses. This causes water spots which cannot be cleaned off without disassembling the glasses! BTW, you can find these at most major rallys on sale for between $100-$120.

davyt 10-16-2003 05:13 AM

Re: At least its a review

Ditto.

MO Staff, don't confuse a recommendation for a good product with cutting and pasting from a press release. Eric tried the glasses, liked 'em and told us so. That's really all we're asking for...

Thanks!

Buzglyd 10-16-2003 06:37 AM

They didn't work for me.

My Italian schnoz caused them to fit poorly and too much breeze rattled around my eyeballs.

New eyeballs I might add after LASIK surgery yesterday. woo hoo!