Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-16-2003, 06:38 AM   #11
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Panoptx Cyclone Sunglasses

These look sweet. Thanks for the review. How good, I wonder, is the warranty.

I just sent in a set of Smiths for warranty replacement that I spent major $$$ on just last year (temple snapped under my helmet) and they refused to honor their lifetime warranty because that particular model had been discontinued. I don't mind coughing up the dough for quality but I will make darned sure that I deal with companies that honor their warranty in the future.

thx
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2003, 09:41 AM   #12
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I just had LASIK yesterday. I'm 39 so I figure the long term effects will be death.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 03:25 PM   #13
Lowrez
Founding Member

Long term? Like 30 years? Because the technique of cutting and reshaping the eye has been around that long. The big deal now is that the equipment is getting more automated and it can be done faster with less prep time.

It is/was common practice in the Detroit area to drive over to Windsor, ON where the medical field is about 1-step ahead of the US in adopting new techniques. My personal hesitation has been the cost/benefit equation. For that kind of dough I can buy lots of motorcycle/photography/computer gear that provides more joy than not spending 30 seconds fiddling with contacts on a daily basis.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 06:41 PM   #14
The_People
Founding Member

I got lasik in Feb of 98 and I still see 20/20, and before I went under the, ummm, beam, my vision was pure crap.

Best money I've ever spent!!!

-The People
Old 10-16-2003, 07:07 PM   #15
dwr461
Founding Member

Much better EBass. No complaints from me this time.

Take care,

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 10:48 PM   #16
RRocket
Founding Member

Hahahahah...what silly looking glasses. Sure, they may work, but even with his big head they look like bug eyes....$160 to look silly?? I can do that for FREE!! LOL...
RRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 05:12 AM   #17
pplassm
Founding Member

I had Lasik about 3 years ago. Since then, I was involved in a freak accident in the woods where a some small branches were forced into my open eyes. I expressed concerns about this to my psysichian who told me there was no apparent weakening of MY corneal flaps, anyway. The branches swept directly across my corneas.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:52 AM   #18
jotto
Registered Member

I think you are right about it being "flap surgery". I looked into it, but my cornea (I think) was too thin. The doctor said a better procedure was in the wings. An unavoidable problem is my age. I will have to wear reading glasses. If I have to wear reading glasses, I might as well stick to the bifocals I am used to.
jotto is offline   Reply With Quote