Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Digital Tire Gauge (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2133-digital-tire-gauge.html)

detansinn 09-27-2003 02:15 AM

Re: Digital Tire Guage

Thanks for the great tire guage wallpaper!

Kevin_Williams 09-27-2003 03:37 AM

I've had that exact guage for about a year now and it's really handy and easy to get a reading.

dwr461 09-27-2003 07:07 AM

Prehaps you could do a TEST like Motorcycle Consumer News rather than reprint ad copy. Ya know... how accurate and precise is the gauge? Is it worth the money? Don't know do you? You just took the company's word for it. It's "journalism" like this that has caused me to drop my subsription to Motorcyclist and Cycle World.

Dave

ebass 09-27-2003 07:30 AM

MCN is GOD!!!

Yeah, I'm with you Dave! This story was a forkin' outrage! It was a gooey gob of spit in the face of everything that I hold sacred! A desecration of the holy profession of "motojournalism"! This was the last straw! I'm cancelling my subscription to every publication that runs pithy product reviews in the front pages and will only worship at the altar of MCN from now on!

Valve cap comparos 4ever!

Tongue in cheekily yours,

EBass

Weezel 09-27-2003 08:21 AM

I use it when cooking Thansgiving turkey as well. Very accurate.

smomack 09-27-2003 12:34 PM

Perhaps you mean gauge? C'mon guys, use the spellchecker! Yeesh.

detansinn 09-27-2003 01:42 PM

Exactly. Plastic, Billet, and Forged along with novelty caps (dice, 8-ball), etc. I want a full comparo with lap times. Can the right cap give me the competitive edge?

bmwclay 09-27-2003 03:46 PM

where do you put the gauge on the turkey when you check it?

F451 09-27-2003 05:19 PM

Re: Digital Tire Gauge

The best tire pressure gauge I've ever owned (and I have about seven various ones) is the Drager tire analog tire gauge, made in Germany. It has an adjustable "zero" to calibrate it and various valve stem couplings, including one that is at a ninety degree, that are good for motorcycles. Griots Garage is about the only place you can find them these days. They are heirloom quality and worth their price:

The Best Tire Gauge -- Click Here

The digital ones never seems to last long.

Vlad 09-27-2003 06:04 PM

Digital Tire gauges are for limp-wristed trusters of technology. A real man requires an analog gauge. Mine is one of those accu gauges that has a three inch dial reader, a two foot hose, and solid brass on either end of the hose. I've had it for ten years. I got mine from a source approved by "the Highwayman." In a bar fight you can sling it around and brain infidels, perverts, homos, transvestites, executive transvestites, crossbred chickens, dogs, cats, and gecko lizards.

Vlad