Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-17-2003, 12:32 PM   #31
sr412
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Ducati S4R Reader Feedback

The bike rules but the article sucked! This is one of the most anticipated rides of the new year and MO dropped the ball. WTF?
sr412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2003, 01:42 PM   #32
Anton_1
Founding Member

Motorcycle Performance in Madison, WI has done my 2-valve monster for under $150, granted there is no plastic to pull, or rear shock to remove like the SS models. If your buddy really is paying $600 he is getting A$$ raped pretty hardcore. Also, I do the timing belts myself, they are $22 each and the job take less than half an hour.
Anton_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 02:07 PM   #33
GregP
Founding Member

Well put, I've been reading for 3 years and subscribing for 2, but probably won't renew. Too many copies of manufacturers releases that try to count as news, and like you say, too many lite reviews. The old MO was tough on the OEM's, and had comparasion reviews that didn't hold back. Now we get reviews from who knows who, and no comparative data. I guess it's probably because its better to kiss the OEM's ass, just in case they might decide to advertise.
GregP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 02:12 PM   #34
GregP
Founding Member

So how does it compare with other bikes? You pussies are copping out lately, seems like you are in the business of stroking the manufacturers. We that pay the freight want to know: What compares by price? What compares by size and style, market placement. What is the maintenance cost compared to others? What is the aftermarket support? Get off your a___es and give us some real info. If you go to "Manufacturers row" and look back a few years, you'll see where you are currently sucking hind tit.
GregP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 02:21 PM   #35
motodude1
Founding Member

Thanks. Perhaps you could "look" cooler? I doubt it since you ride a fvcking tricycle. As shole.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:24 PM   #36
motodude1
Founding Member

Can you be a bit more specific? What exactly 'sucked' in your opinion? We only had the bike for a few days ...whaddya want, mileage figures?

ps. you suck.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:26 PM   #37
motodude1
Founding Member

What compares to your stupidity? Nothing, really. I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know.

Old 09-17-2003, 03:15 PM   #38
detansinn
Founding Member

Agreed. Recently, MO has resorted to printing press releases without any wit, analysis, or appreciation of the content. No one should have to pay to read press releases!

Outside of some "guest" articles, the whole site has been very weak. This Monster S4R review is truly lacking and includes factual errors. Considering the review is titled as a "week" with an S4R, it's unfortunate it lacks any in-depth analysis or at least an entertaining anecdote or two. (Cheap shot: the in-action rider shots look like someone struggling around an MSF course in a parking lot)

MO is not the worst of the online Internet magazines, but they're going to have to make a real effort if they expect readers to pay for this content. There are many free blogs that are better than this site.

On that topic: check out mine (http://www.buzzwordenabled.com)

I've got 130 days left on my subscription. MO, you've got 130 days to turn it around.
detansinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 03:22 PM   #39
KPaulCook
Banned

Was that at I-90 Motorsports? Been lusting for a Daytona 600
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 07:23 AM   #40
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Good job. That'll get more people to read your magazine.