Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-12-2003, 08:03 AM   #31
banksideusa
Founding Member

Default Re: The Cracktacular 599

Gosh everybody else beat me too it. So I'll just add my voice to the multitude.

Why on earth would I buy a 599 over a FZ6? Except maybe for the HUGE discount I'll be able to get in about a year. Good luck finding an FZ6, it rocks!!!

Mike
banksideusa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2003, 08:19 AM   #32
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Hondas: Packed With Surprises!

The 919 and 599 look good, I like the green but they should have called it kryptonite instead of uranium. They could save that for the 235 model.

My only concern would be the bank angle sensors for the EFI, but I guess they got that one sorted out by now.

I agree with the other poster, if they only bring pooches over for naked bikes then it would seem that nakeds don't sell here, but I think these two look good and are compettitive with the Speed Triple, Bandit, FZ 1, Z-Rex, Monster and Aprilia.

I'd still like to see the CB1300 and GSX1400 here too. Also it's a shame they didn't upgrade the VTR, It's such a nice cheap alternative to the Italians, BNG's on the RC-51 don't quite make it, guess they spent all their money on the CBR1000RRRRRRRR
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 09:53 AM   #33
mcjunkie
Founding Member

Default Not so fast III - where's the love?

If it's true, then that's kind of a big deal.. the first time since 1969 there's been no CB750 in the lineup. Seems like there should be a retirement ceremony w/ gold watch or something not just letting it fade away.. That bike was HUGE news back then.. it was the 1969 king of superbikes and the beginning of the I-4 jap bike revolution.
mcjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 09:58 AM   #34
s_blackwelder
Founding Member

Default For shame; new market?

Yes, I'm disgusted too. The industry is catering more and more exclusively to poseurs, deleting more and more under-600cc street models from the U.S. market.

With the price of gasoline now permanently higher on the U.S. West Coast, why don't the manufacturers start marketing older-technology (cheaper, more reliable and more profitable) models between 250cc and 550 cc, to frugally-minded commuters?

Yes, plenty of under-600cc bikes are available used, but which novice wants to buy a machine that a fellow novice broke in?
s_blackwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 10:02 AM   #35
SpongeBOB
Founding Member

Default Re: Still raving about the paint

It's green in the Simpsons....
SpongeBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 10:09 AM   #36
s_blackwelder
Founding Member

Default 50cc high technology, slow acceleration

The water-cooled 50cc scooter drivetrain has great technology, but tests have shown that the current/new 50cc scooters neither accelerate fast enough nor reach high enough cruising speeds for safe commuting in real L.A. boulevard traffic.

Is this powertrain easy to de-restrict?
s_blackwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 10:44 AM   #37
v2-90
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Hondas: Packed With Surprises!

Yeah, I noticed this as well and was just on my way to post your exact message. I looked through the "redbook" twice and was amazed! I was really hoping Honda was going to actually IMPROVE the XX this year, not just repaint it again...

Sad day indeed. First Johnny Cash, now the Blackbird...