Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Booze & Debauchery @H-D's 100th (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/2102-booze-debauchery-h-ds-100th.html)

v4bryan 09-11-2003 04:20 AM

about boobs...

I might be in the minority here, but I'm not typically offended by the sight of mamminiferous tissue-provided, of course, it's done tastefully. For the same reasons you'll never find me in a Speedo at the beach, I'd rather not see a Roseanne Barr look-alike airing her wares in my face.

Still, the occaissional "spy-shot" is pleasant, and not brand specific, in my experience.

Bryan...I call'em when I see'em...

Holy_Kaw 09-11-2003 06:48 AM

Re: Booze & Debauchery @H-D's 100th

Looks and sounds like a fun time. I personally admire the female form and am not in the least offended by its appearing in MO, even if they had no clothes on! We seem a pretty much adult website here and I am not worried about "too much" of what is to me a good thing. Maybe a section here and there of "Art" pictures could work (Motorcyle related, of course)? Motorcycle events and alcohol seem cause an abundance of this kind of thing (Bike Week etc). It shouldn't be hard to make it so those inclined to be offended by such things could easily avoid them. I have reason to believe that some members of the MO staff and subscribers like girls so it shouldn't hard to find willing photographers! Happy 100th HD!

NoKneeDown 09-11-2003 08:38 AM

OK, who's the wiseguy who put the giant Victory ad in the middle of the story. I find that very funny. I'm also easily entertained.

sarnali 09-11-2003 08:42 AM

Looks like a fun party, From the pictures inside the bar it looks like a lawyers convention, though outside there's obviously a lot of bikes there.

I found the "Harley Davidson is why I ride " statement curious, with so many great bikes out there don't you want to try them all? I guess I'm a hard-core two wheeler, If I didn't have a motorcycle I'd ride my bicycle all the time.

I know what you mean about '77 low riders, thats the first Harley I really liked, up till then it was all dirt bikes and Brits. for me.

Interesting selection of bands there, I'd guess you'd please everyone with that range. I'm surprised Tom Petty wasn't there doing "rebel without a clue". (sorry, I can't help it )

Good luck for the next 100 years.

Neal 09-11-2003 09:08 AM

An easier way to type "Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha/Honda"

ssmiley 09-11-2003 10:20 AM

Elton John - a bad move!

Gotta love him, but it was the wrong act at the wrong time (those in attendance know what I mean).

Hard to believe that a marketing machine like Harley would drop the ball when it comes to the music headliners.

SRMark 09-11-2003 10:50 AM

It would be nice if Milwakee would "alter" some of their heavy metal. I would think it would get a bit old after you see about 30,000 of the same thing. I can only imagine 300,000.

seruzawa 09-11-2003 11:30 AM

He's certainly nailed down the new class of dilletante HD owners. The ones with the designer clothes, painted-on-tattoos and longhaired wigs who think that by purchasing a machine that they some how transform into "Real American Bikers".

While there have always been these sorts of snobbish clowns around, be they riding HDs or BMWs, the attitude of these johnny-come-lately neophytes who can barely ride with their feet on the pegs is amazing to behold. Maybe they rode a dirtbike once when they were 17 but now that they've got a Harley they are automatically "Cool".

Hey, Rubbie dudes, after you've got a couple of hundred thousand miles under your belt on cruisers, sportbikes, standards, dirtbikes, trialsbikes, etc., only then will you be allowed an opinion.

My uncle, who fought with the USMC at Saipan and rode Triumphs and hated Harleys, might dispute the "Real Americans only ride Harleys" BS.

electraglider_1997 09-11-2003 11:55 AM

seruzawa

I always get a kick out of folks like yourself that feel that only you have the right to ride motorcycles because you have put time in the saddle. So what! At one time you were a novice. Did dipsticks like yourself make you feel that you were unworthy because you lacked the saddlesores of a 200k veteran? I say turkeys like yourself don't help draw new blood to share the motorcycle passion. Before you get the idea that I haven't put in the miles then think again. I've been riding since around 1969 and have had all the bikes you mentioned except a sportbike and a trials bike. My current bike has about 34,000 of my miles on it and I've had 8 other bikes that I think of. I'm sure I've got about 200K under my calloused arse. I too am a Marine vet and put many miles on a Honda 750 down at Camp Lejeune during the late 70's. My point is this; your comments about Harley riders being automatically cool seems to bear a personal problem of your own. Do you have a low opinion of yourself? Maybe to high. Whatever the case may be, it seems that you can't stand it that Harley owners get a major joy from riding their motorcycle of choice. Get over it and quit sucking the life of folks that just want to have fun. I suppose that you think that real americans ride jap crotch rockets.

kawazuki 09-11-2003 11:59 AM

Hey!

That's a Kawazukiyamahonda, Mister Neal. ;)

-Kawazuki