Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-09-2003, 11:27 AM   #31
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Re: Wait No MO: 2004 Yamahas!

Actually it was the insurance on my 1995 Jeep Cherokee that had, by far, the largest increase this year (around 30%). My bike only went up a little bit. I pay about $400 for six months of full coverage on my R1 (so that makes it $400 per year, here in MN.) Not that bad.

I'm not complaining about the bike. SUVs are getting ridiculously expensive to insure, though. That's why I'll be buying one of those new Dodge Magnum station wagons when they come out (all wheel drive, v8, and trailer-towing capability in a car.)
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2003, 11:30 AM   #32
jbravo1
Founding Member

How 'bout if the manufacturers rip off all the bodywork and put high bars on em? Will that slip under the radar of the insurance companies? Seriously, when calling around for insurance, the first thing the agent asks is if the bike is a "crotch rocket". This always gave me the impression that all they cared about is what the bike looked like, not how many ponies were at the rear wheel. Could 200 HP standards be the answer?
jbravo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 11:49 AM   #33
Chango
Founding Member

Well I bought a Bandit 600S because there wasn't anything else that really competed, taking into account my personal tastes and desires for my bike. Plus, there wasn't anything even close to the new FZ6 anywhere in the world. An aluminum frame, current generation superbike engine, etc, etc. If this thing had existed a couple of years ago, I know what i would have bought. Now it's just a matter of finding out how much the local Yamaha dealers will offer me for a trade-in on a 2001 Bandit...

Chango
Old 09-09-2003, 01:35 PM   #34
rider_md
Founding Member

the truth sure hurts. heh heh heh.
rider_md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 01:51 PM   #35
mjs
Founding Member

The FZ6 looks great....I would really like to own one !

I feel sorry for Yamaha and all of the other manufacturers. No matter how great a product that they bring out it's the same old song from the peanut gallery....*****...*****....*****....

I think that Yamaha has a real winner here and it should do well in the sales arena.
mjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 03:02 PM   #36
john
Founding Member

thats 180hp with ramair effect added, and at the motor. figure 152-155 at the tire, on a normal dyno. i think thats a jump of 5 or 6 hp from the 03 gix1000
Old 09-09-2003, 03:08 PM   #37
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Is there a law or something?

I absolutely agree about the FZ6, but my question is... Why can't they just make it fully faired with the same ergos? Don't get me wrong, I think it's tits the way it is, but I'd be absolutely in love (for now I'm just a tad smitten) if the FZ6 had a full fairing. I figure there may be some after-market stuff, but it never looks as good as if it were meant to be there in the first place.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 03:23 PM   #38
ReyndoggRSV
Founding Member

I agree, and this is part of the reason i ride a naked SV650--not to mention i can pass most liter-bike riding squids all day long on the track anyway
Old 09-09-2003, 03:58 PM   #39
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Looks like Yamaha is goin' into 2004 full blast, especially challenging Suzuki's biggest winners, the GSXR1000 & SV650.

Ya think Kawasaki might be upstaged in the big-bore performance wars again?

Did anyone notice in the R1's specs how they abandoned their highly touted diaphragm fuel injection and copied Suzuki's dual butterfly system? Hmmm.....imitation & flattery for maximum performance perhaps?

OK Honda, your turn.....got anything cookin' to bring our heart rate up a bit??

Another great year for us hardcore motorcycle fanatics comin' up. Yee-ha! Let the games begin. Cheers, Jack

Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 05:04 PM   #40
sqidbait
Founding Member

Oh, and I'll take my FZ6 with black wheels please!
sqidbait is offline   Reply With Quote