Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-02-2003, 11:35 AM   #81
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Following

There is no way Rod will make a good touring bike with lots of low end and mid torque. Look at the size of the engine. Imagine putting this next to a Wing.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2003, 11:41 AM   #82
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Harleys Reader Feedback

Vigorito, whats your problem? There is nothing inoffensive in Shizuki's mail (apart from his name, the bastard is obviously not from good old 'bama) plus you agree with him. What gives?

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 01:42 PM   #83
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: no problemo

If you're comparing to an ST1100 just about anything will come up short! (lol)
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 01:54 PM   #84
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re:I like chicks too!

Yes I did notice. I thought that was a really good bike myself, When I looked for one this time around no one had one, or showed any interest in finding one.

I later heard that the Harley dealer in Portland was the place to go, but I'd already bought and sold the BMW, then bought the Triumph, so to hell with 'em. Maybe next time.

AS for the Highwayman/haybale interface,,,,umm no thanks, if I lost weight I'd have to buy new clothes
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 02:55 PM   #85
Desmodromic
Registered Member

Default EBassEBassEbass

I realize--because it would be impossible not to--that Ebass loves his 'EBass' code name, but what I think we need here at MO is an article from EBass where EBass doesn't feel the need to use EBass in the captions, EBass in the copy, and EBass in the EBass. EBass EBass EBass. EBass? EBass.

I think that pretty much EBass. In the EBass it would EBass the copy if EBass would simply show a little EBass. That way, and I mean this EBass, his sense of EBass would still show EBass but without EBassing the EBass.

There. I've had my EBass.

EBass.
Desmodromic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 08:08 PM   #86
rhust
Founding Member

Whooop-dee-freakin'-do. They rubber mount the new sportster motor so it'll be smoother. Wow. Innovation. Like watching moss grow. So they make the new motor more powerful to contend with the 50 EXTRA POUNDS?! Why not make the bike LIGHTER while making the motor more powerful AND smoother. Too hard? Too busy trying to figure out what to chrome next? Harley riders should be ashamed for buying into this whole "image" thing and demand real innovation. If you want a new hardley that looks and acts like an old hardley there's a ton in the used ads...why spend the extra for new?
rhust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 08:11 PM   #87
rhust
Founding Member

Oh - and why not come out with something akin to the XLCR again? The sportster/custom pegs are too cruiser to be sporty, but the XLCR tick may be just the thing.
rhust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 05:23 AM   #88
LocutusDeBorg
Founding Member

Default Re: Following

I think I've heard this 1000 times now. It aint gonna happen, and for good reason.

While fairly powerful, the V-Rod motor is very large and heavy. It definitely does not fit the Buell paradigm of light weight and centralized mass. The Sportster derived motor, while not the most powerful beast on earth, is pretty compact.

The only thing the V-Rod mill has going for it in terms of being a potential Buell powerplant is that HD makes it... or pays someone to make it.

Now if the KTM LC8 motor were available...
LocutusDeBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 10:05 AM   #89
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Would you buy one if they did?

TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 12:21 PM   #90
Betamax
Founding Member

You left out the part where a guy on a Magna 750 kicks your a$$.
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote