Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 09-02-2003, 08:08 AM   #71
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Harleys Reader Feedback

Only the greatest, imagined, heavy metal guitar player ever!

Rent "This is Spinal Tap" and don't forget the sense of humor when you watch it.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2003, 08:39 AM   #72
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Following

I test rode V-rod awhile back, I thought it was a pretty fun bike myself, I didn't care for the peg position but I wouldn't say it was a torture rack.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 08:43 AM   #73
maladg
Registered Member

I'd say "wake me when Harley does something interesting", but I don't have THAT long to live.

BTW, the south most certainly has risen again. Bubba done gone and got himself some of them thar alleygator shoes, learned to read and done did built the south into a danged bidness center...can you say "Charlantaham"? (Hint for the unread...Charlotte, Atlanta and Birminham are on the verge of a demographic merger) and at almost 50, I also think big breasted women with swords are pretty cool...unlike big breasted men with Rubbie leathers!

The white one did look good for a Sporty..a bike that peaked in looks in the late AMF daze, before the accursed 16" rear weenies caught the unaware and unwashed by storm.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 08:46 AM   #74
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: (with dueling banjo's playing in the background)

Well bend over that haybale, lad ....THE HIGHWAYMAN..... will show ya a durn banjo.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:58 AM   #75
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re:I like chicks too!

I was going to be a brain surgeon myself, but I found out being a sledge hammer mechanic / boiler operator was more fun.

As for Sportsters, don't let the opinion of a bunch of villige people wannabees on gaudy chrome shiitbarges sway you, A combination of Trophy 1200 and 1200 sportster would be a credit to any garage.

My plan is to keep my Trophy, then get a Dyna-glide sport, (I'm a little porky for a Sportster).
Old 09-02-2003, 09:56 AM   #76
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Following

I certainly respect your opinion. I have this tendency to compare other bikes with my ST1100 and that is not fair at all. Given other applications, it may well be a fine ride. Sorry for the near-sightedness and thanks for the input. Some feel that the Sporty is unpleasant and I quite enjoy them.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 10:05 AM   #77
SRMark
Founding Member

Amen on the south rising! I live just south of the Macy-Dixie and tend to lack respect for the economic prowess of the South. But after many trips across Tennessee in the past 10 years, I can attest to the fact that the South is kickin' economic a$$. From Memphis to Nashville to Knoxville you can see steady development. Sure wish my region of the country could be so down trodden.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 10:37 AM   #78
ShawnVegas
Founding Member

Harley Corporate- "We need to update the Road Glide's styling"

*long period of silence*

Willie G - "Well, we could paint a silver stripe on the fairing, and change it's angle by 4 degreees!"

Harley Corporate - "Brilliant! Now that's innovation! It's all NEW! That will really set the Road Glide apart from the competition! Oh, BTW, how is the V-Rod selling?"

*long period of silence*
ShawnVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 10:37 AM   #79
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re:I like chicks too!

Perhaps you could shed a few pounds by letting the Highwayman bend you over a few haybales.

Did you notice that H-D dropped the T-sport?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 11:28 AM   #80
anrajala
Founding Member

Toad into a prince? 883 is now a "destination bike"? Obviously the 883 with its new rubber mounting presents the pinnacle of the bike design.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote