Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-29-2003, 05:55 AM   #21
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Harleys Reader Feedback

Ebass, we're kindred spirits and I'm a subscriber forever just because of the Nigel Tufnel reference.

"It's one louder."
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2003, 06:10 AM   #22
sunnyd13
Founding Member

Are the new Sportsters still gonna be too small for anyone north of 6'?
sunnyd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 06:45 AM   #23
RickZ
Founding Member

The title of the article mentioned "the new look". Um... what would that be, exactly? A black V-Rod? A blue frame? That's it? They still look the same to me, and more importantly, they're still basically the same old, same old underneath. Still underpowered, still ugly with a capital UG.

If Harley is what you love, more power to ya. (You'll need it.) But don't tell me its a racehorse when it's really just a mule with fresh paint.
RickZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 07:31 AM   #24
Buzglyd
Founding Member

A manufacturer would never fire all its bullets on the first release.

You'll see a "super Sporty" a year or two from now I'll bet.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:11 AM   #25
imported_g_k
Registered Member

Default Re: Yaaawwwwwnnnnnnn ..... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Although I didn't see any mention of it in the article, the current Cycle World says the new sportsters weigh 50 pounds more than the previous version, due to the stronger frame required since the motor's no longer solidly mounted. Kind of reminds me of a Chevrolet Camaro ad I read years ago - "Heavier this year, to hold the road better!"

Also, ValkBandit, I'm only trying to be constructive, but it's "cojones" and "melons."
imported_g_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:23 AM   #26
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re:'Murican Connie

That would be a good move I think, Though I can't see some Willi-come-lately like Harley knocking the GREATEST MOTORCYCLE EVER MADE SINCE '85 off it's dizzying pinical of wonderfullness.

An artical in the paper the other day said Harley is aware of it's demographic being a little long in the tooth, and realizes that at some point they're going to have to go after a younger market.

A sport touring Vrod as part of a whole Vrod line might drum up some interest in a crowd thats not interested in $20 K bikes that need another grand or two worth of mods to get any kind of power out of them.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 09:27 AM   #27
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Great article EBass !!!

It is good Harley changed the Sporty. Some say it should of had the Buell engine. But I think that should be another model cause Sporty folks will want a genuine Harley. Harley played to strength of the Sporty i.e. classic styling and heritige. Any more radical changes would of been too much for the brotherhood. After riding a Sporty I think EBass has it right about how the elimination of excessive vibration will go far to help the attractiveness of the Sporty to women.

VRod color is good. But put the Porche engine in another platform. Probably next near.

Still like the Victory Kingpin the best

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 09:52 AM   #28
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Even try it in an upgraded sportser frame with modern suspension, a HD naked streetfighter
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 10:19 AM   #29
theDuke
Founding Member

Default Re: Sportster

EB, you mentioned that the forward-set foot controls on the Customer Sporters were moved back.

Has there been any change to the seating position on the standard Sportster? On the '03 and older models, the pegs were uncomfortably high in relation to the seat for taller riders. The photo of the 1200 Roadster appears to show a more "standard" riding position. Any specifics from the HD press release?

Oh yeah... any word on pricing?
theDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 10:22 AM   #30
BobW
Founding Member

Harley's website how has the 2004's. Price on that Sportster Roadster is $8495.
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote