Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-28-2003, 08:29 PM   #11
chucker6
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Harleys Reader Feedback

The new 1200 Sportsters are the first Harley's I find attractive as all around bikes. It will be fun to test ride one, not that I would trade my Ducati ST2 or Triumph Thunderbird Sport for one, but it does look like fun. If the 70/79 figures are close to real, it should perform well.
chucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2003, 08:46 PM   #12
schizuki
Founding Member

Figuring the standard horsepower loss from brochure to dyno, the power-to-weight ratio of the 1200 will be slightly worse than last year's model. The 883 will be much worse.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 02:30 AM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

100% agree with that one.
Old 08-29-2003, 03:05 AM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

EBass a Sporty hater? Say it ain't so EB! The Sporty needed a face lift, and it also needed the Buell motor in it. Can't figure why they didn't go ahead and do that, at least for the Sport model. The rest of the stuff is "same ole" in different colors. New platform for Revolution engine is needed. Maybe next year.
Old 08-29-2003, 03:13 AM   #15
Winger4Life
Founding Member

LOL! I know. Why anyone would even consider buying an ugly, underpowered, lousy handling, vibrating harley touring bike, over a Wing, is beyond me.
Winger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 03:47 AM   #16
boru4761
Founding Member

Seems to me the Buells are the Sporty version of the Sportster. If I were thinking about a Harley and needed someting entry level like a Sportster but with quite a bit more sport then my ass would probably land on an XB9S. HD kills two birds with one stone. No need to make a Sportster Sport that most people arent using the Sport part of anyway and they get to keep making money on the XB9s even though all the HP junkies will be stepping up to the XB12S. Yeah, I think Harley knows what they are doing even if it doesn't always make sense to the rest of us.
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 04:30 AM   #17
obandoj
Founding Member

Same all, same all...
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 05:39 AM   #18
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Interesting, Harley comes out with BNG, and BNC (bold new chrome), makes one of there best sellers a weeker model, and the masses are not howling. A Jap company comes out with this little and everyone goes apesh*t.

Whats with the ugly fairing on the touring bikes (I appoligize, I still connot wrap my little brain arround the Harley naming conventions). I know eye of the beholder, but ye gads.

I still would like Harley to take the Vrod motor in a full fairing (or even half) with decent hard luggage and a sportier performance mark (i'll get flamed for this), and make an American Connie.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 05:46 AM   #19
travisyoung
Founding Member

Well, they might have overbuilt, but it hasn't caught up with them yet. H-D can't make enough bikes to keep up and they just opened a new factory. I agree they need to do more, but only because I'm greedy and want a racing orange 883R with 80 horses.
travisyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 05:50 AM   #20
ValkBandit
Founding Member

Default Yaaawwwwwnnnnnnn ..... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

give harley credit, they've got cajones the size of mellons to call ANYTHING they did this year (or any other year) a "major redesign." honda innovates more on one bike than harley does across its entire line.

OTOH ... they sure do hold their resale value, eh?

Yaaaawwwwnnnnnn. Scratch, scratch, scratch.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote