Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-25-2003, 04:16 AM   #21
redlmtt
Founding Member

Default Re: Moto Guzzi MGS Corsa

If the riding position isn't bad, this may have to end up in my garage. The street version is supposed to be 'bout 95 HP, more than enough anyway.

The are expected to compete in the new Formula Extreme class- suspect Buell will be a little disappointed.
redlmtt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2003, 07:55 AM   #22
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Great looking bike, it will probable be a fun bike also. Can't wait for the description of how a "Starting System Electronic Digital" actually turns a crank without a motor. The bike is nice looking though, Eric should pay a good designer to step in and get some lines cleaned up on the Buells
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 12:08 PM   #23
rc51zen
Founding Member

WOW! I'VE GOT WOOD! This is a bike that besides riding it I could sit in my garage have a couple of beers and just stare at it for hours. Ducati fire Pierre Terblanche and hire Ghezzi&Brian!
rc51zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 02:20 PM   #24
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default drive shaft assembly ...

that's the cleanest looking shaft drive assembly i've ever seen. beautiful piece of engineering. i hope some of it finds its way to the street. combine it with a counterbalancers and i could see myself being a guzzi owner someday.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 03:01 AM   #25
rc51zen
Founding Member

Default Re: drive shaft assembly ...

Moto Guzzis have perfect primary balance and don't need a counterbalancer. They shake a little side to side at a stop light but once you get going they are pretty smooth.
rc51zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 10:35 PM   #26
kawazuki
Founding Member

They say track bike, but, what racing class allows that big of an engine? Or are they going to make some destroked 999cc homolgation versions?

I'm all for bigger engines, but I didn't think you could really race them anywhere.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 11:06 PM   #27
kawazuki
Founding Member

I know how it works on pneumatic valved F1 cars. They open the vales that aren't on the cylinder that is closest and just past TDC, then inject a light fuel charge into the cylinder and fire the plug. The motor spins a bit, and the rest of the electronics keep it going.

I suppose with something with so few cylinders, when the one is dropping from TDC, some of the valves on the other one will be open. You might be able to do something similar.

Personally, I'm still a little leery of bikes that don't come with a kickstarter. I live in the desert, and I've had to push start bikes, and it sucks when it's 110 degrees.. Then again, I guess with fuel injection, if your electrics are fscked enough that the starter won't turn, everything else is probably broken too. Still, a motor seems a bit more reliable than some whiz-trick.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 04:24 AM   #28
theinnkeeper
Founding Member

AMA Formula Xtreme - would allow for air cooled this big

theinnkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:14 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

99% of the CBRZXRGSXRYZR999RR bikes are NEVER ridden on a track by the purchasers. Heck, from what I can see here in Salt Lake most of them don't even wear helmets or shoes. MG is just playing to that demographic. It's gotta be called a track bike so the dweebs will line up to buy them. Then they can cruise down Sunset Blvd or cruise to the Rock Store to show off how mondo-fast-and-cool they are.

You don't think most of these guys would ever go on a track? (gasp?) That woud be sacrilege. That would be as bad as driving an SUV off the pavement!!
Old 08-28-2003, 07:10 AM   #30
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Hey Kids! Looks the Italians can build a Buell too!. It simple:

1) Save money by never developing a remotely modern engine

2) Build a nice chassis and bolt on good parts

3) Make up BS stories about HP

It is pretty, apart from that dinosaur motor. Before you flame me, imagine how good it would be with a Duck 749-class motor. Ditto the Buell. These are MOTORcycles, hence the motor matters. A bike doesn't always need Gix1K power numbers, but they all need great motors.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote