Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-19-2003, 05:19 PM   #31
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: LA X Games Sick Pics

That's all BS.

Here's the real thing!

http://www.singletracker500.com/staq...reestyle.shtml

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2003, 05:24 PM   #32
pplassm
Founding Member

Default What is WITH you guys?!!!

Dood, it's all 2-wheeled fun. I can't believe you people limit your riding to asphalt. FWIW, I have a cruiser, sportbikes, trials bikes, dual-sports, enduros, minibikes, vintage stuff, and MXers in my garage, and at 46, I'm no Gen-exer.

Trust me, it's all great!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2003, 05:27 PM   #33
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: but is it art?

I totally understand. Luckily, we can all race AHRMA for that experience if we want to.

As for the extreme stuff, I don't do doubles.

But it is fun to watch.

Now, let me get back to restoring my Pursang.....
Old 08-19-2003, 05:30 PM   #34
pplassm
Founding Member

Default BTW, Thanks, MO!

For putting this stuff up!
Old 08-20-2003, 01:28 AM   #35
Lowrez
Founding Member

You'd be amazed at the size of the British motorcycle market. There is a very good reason why the British get very nice bikes that sometimes aren't even available on the continent and it has to do with how many pounds come flowing out the pocket.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 04:59 AM   #36
django9270
Registered Member

Ok, first of all chief the examples of topics were just examples of things to write about. They were off the top of my head, not really meant to be put under a microscope. I wasn't talking about tire PERFORMANCE, there are other things to look at: Price, longetivity, well-roundedness THEN maybe performance at the track. Ya see, slick, SOME of us don't have money to burn and we need to get the most out of our money when we buy stuff for our bikes. So to some of us not born with a silver spoon shoved up our a$$es, a consumer comparo of "accessories" and "parts" (is that a better way to put it) would be useful. Helmets are individualized but how does each model hold up in a wreck? How about durability? The finish? Motorcyclecruiser wrote a GREAT artcile about flip-up helmets. I cut it out and kept it after I read the Mag in case I ever decide to get one. So, ya see, a helemt article CAN be written. Plus, the ya notice the context in which I mentioned AMerican Iron; I said EVEN AMerican Iron. As in, "Even a mediocre mag like Amercian Iron...guess the irony was lost on a numbskull like you : the typical Xgames viewer....ya prob watch NASCAR and ooh and ah over fireworks with all the other 7-8 yo redneck boys........Glad you're satisfied with the cr@ppy content...I'm not and I"m allowed to express an opinion, see I live in a country where I can do that........
django9270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 06:29 AM   #37
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Okay, please point out a tire test in any magazine that tests price and longevity and "well-roundedness". Good luck finding one, because there aren't any.

Trust me, I don't have any more money to burn than you do. That's why I read this magazine instead of the expensive British ones that don't give useful information.

Sarcasm does not equal irony. Look it up.

I'm not arguing that you're not allowed to express your opinion. It's just that the "evidence" that you came up with to support your opinion was shaky at best. And insulting me by calling me a redneck NASCAR watcher (which couldn't possibly be further from the truth, as there are few things in this world that I dislike more than NASCAR or the rednecks who watch it) or an X Games viewer (I missed this year's but I'll catch it again on reruns- I guess that the physical talent required for that event is lost on someone like you) just confirms that you have no logical argument, and you should know from the example of others on this site that calling someone stupid just confirms everyone's suspicions about your own lack of intellectual prowess.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:36 AM   #38
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default i wish i still had my ...

wish i still had my Sherpa S. tough to keep running, tho.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 11:06 AM   #39
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

heh heh heh... Most who say someone needs to "get a life" think that THEIR life is THE life.

I've used those three word once in my life to someone who was older and smarter than me and her reply was, "I have a life. You need to go live yours."
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 03:57 PM   #40
BobW
Founding Member

Don't know about this X games stuff, since I'm old and fat like ex-Gov. Janklow, hopefully soon to be Convict #34,567; however, after reading these posts its certainly clear that motorcyclists will never, I repeat, never have any significant impact politically because we can't seem to get along. Ain't that right, Rodney?
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote