Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-06-2003, 08:57 AM   #31
FurySting
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh yeh and all cruiser riders are such adults...

Ok you're right. I should have said people who buy sport bikes and ride them on the freeway at 100 plus are children.

At the very least I hope they aren't married with kids, 'cause they are definitely in the category of organ donors.. But then that goes for any Harley rider with a half helmet or less as well.
FurySting is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2003, 09:55 AM   #32
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh yeh and all cruiser riders are such adults...

I don't know for sure, but I've a hunch that that "bad" facial expression is a natural result of riding at highway speeds with nothing but sunglasses to protect your face from the wind, bugs, and flying stones. Gotta clamp down on your lips to keep the bugs out, y'know?
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 10:26 AM   #33
ValknMag
Founding Member

Default Re: my opinion ...

I like to go swimmin' with bowlegged wimmen..
ValknMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 10:52 AM   #34
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Moto Guzzi Titanium gets its mettle tested

I think Moto Guzzi deserves a big applause for coming out with a line of European cruisers that at least doesn't send me into paroxysms of laughter.

I've not yet recovered from the Germans' idea of a cruiser. In fact I had to pull over yesterday when I saw some guy, leathers and fringe and all, cruising down the road on his 1200C, beanie helmet and badass look on his face. I still giggle when I think about it. (heeheeheeheeheehee).

And don't even think about the Norton Hi-Rider. Oh no, here it comes again....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..

These Guzzi cruisers bring to mind the Japanese "Specials" of the 70's. While not especially attractive to me , they at least were reasonably styled and quite popular. The Japanese finally gave in, threw away all pretense and began directly copying Harley which helped their sales even more.

But Guzzi apparently has elected to make their Cruisers still look like Guzzis while giving that mild custom look that was so popular. I hope they solve their problems and stay in the US. It'll be a dark day if Guzzi ever quits these shores.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:54 AM   #35
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re:Sportbike vanity

'Course not, riding high end sportbikes on the street is all about exploring the limits of adhesion and shreddin' it like a ripper dude.

only cruiser's and harley riders are posers. Sportbike guys need all that power and handling because they're expert level riders.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 11:00 AM   #36
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: sneers

I always thought the Eastwood Sneer was a natural by-product of being a manly rugged individualist on your highly personalized catalog-custom

Who'd a thunk they had to work on it.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:06 AM   #37
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Yes, I do and have.

Just for the record 6'-4" 190 (small bikes suck)

Maybe its more my impression, again favoring more sport oriented rides. Definatly know the Vrod felt like I was setting like a baby reaching for my baba. I ridden enough to recognize the sit up and beg position of standards, just a feeling on the cruisers that allways has me put off on them. Had to ride a freinds Harley home for him last sunday, thinking back I guess my legs where not that far foward, it just feels like it.

You should also look for replacement grips. a freind put some foam ones on his yzf750 and said it made the ride alot better (absorbed some of the high freq. buzz). The smaller dia. = less weight I have to say. And the style for cruisers is always bulky.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 11:09 AM   #38
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Guzzi style

They should bring back the '70's era Ambassador, That was retro without even trying, it should fit in nicely with all the other "Heritige" models

I still think the new V11 Scura is the coolest looking bike on the road, That thing just oozes Italian style.

I also think it would be a sad day indeed if 'Guzzi pulled the plug on North America.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:15 AM   #39
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Facts from the article.

Idiot lights invisible in sunlight, virbrating mirrors, clunky transmission, lower back pain from riding position, credible observations from the author. Do you want him to not mention these observed facts, just so he can say this is a great bike. Then read another site for your reviews.

Not goin to touch the Guzzi kickstand, legs aint long enough

nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 11:18 AM   #40
grover750
Founding Member

Count me in on the poseur Goldwing crowd. I'd like to start a club. Anyone interested?
grover750 is offline   Reply With Quote