Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 08-06-2003, 04:45 AM   #11
Fangit
Founding Member

Default Oh yeh and all cruiser riders are such adults...

Yeh, succumbing to what amounts to an obsolete fashion cult, putting on a bandana and a leather vest, maintaining that "bad" facial expression, posing up and down the main street while putting on 3-400 miles a year is very, very mature.

Actually, IÂ’ve got nothing against cruisers, even though theyÂ’re not my cup of tea and I donÂ’t own a sportbike but my point is that there are "children" riding all types of bikes and it's a shame people generalize based on that fact...

Fangit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2003, 04:59 AM   #12
ValknMag
Founding Member

Default Re: Moto Guzzi Titanium gets its mettle tested

Or at least could we have a vote from people with both bikes on which is more popular? I'm good for about 2-1/2 hours on the Valkyrie without a break, but about 45 minutes on the CBR1100XX before I have to stop. Raising the XX's clip-ons helped with the wrist pains, but the fact that my legs are folded almost in half bites, I can't move them anywhere (Valkyrie has highway pegs, so I can at least change positions); and the seat on the XX is punitive. I ride about 6000 miles a year, spread out over whichever bikes I own at the time. Do people really ride their sport bikes for 3-4 hours at a stretch? No pain from that?
ValknMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 05:07 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

And that makes cruiser riders different from sportbikers? Like riding a GSXR-1000 or a Ducati 998 on the city streets isn't about vanity?
Old 08-06-2003, 05:20 AM   #14
Sam_Freed
Registered Member

Default Almost suffered cornea damage this weekend ...

... up at Neptunes net when two squids pulled up on their GSXR 1000 and 'Busa. I was practically blinded by the glare off their pristine chrome toe sliders. Not to mention the unblemished knee pucks and "fresh off the rack" leathers. Judging by the way they handled the bikes, I'm thinking first bikes for both these rich boys. Poseurs come in all stripes my friends.
Sam_Freed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 05:22 AM   #15
Captain_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Moto Guzzi dealer problems

Moto Guzzi's have soul. They are also extremely reliable. Good thing too because its getting tough to find a dealer today for the little service/parts they require. A number of dealers have given up the franchise over the past year stating problems dealing with the revamped U.S. organization. They are also a tough sell and deep discounting on leftover models has compounded the problem. Its really a shame because the new bikes are better than ever. I would be tempted to buy another goose if I didn't have to travel out-of-state to have it serviced.
Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 05:36 AM   #16
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Yes, I do and have.

nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 05:47 AM   #17
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Your negative spin is a reviewer just giving facts.

Your statement about a homsexual describing how to please a woman is applicable ... to you and your understanding of motorcycles. Open your eyes, ride a sport bike, enjoy your cruiser, get dirty on a dirt bike, heck even ride a scooter around. You should do yourself a favor and expand your experiences with the world of motorcycles.

As far a cars being the only thing worth doing high speeds on, you realy need to sign up for a track day to experience what true speed is.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 05:59 AM   #18
ValknMag
Founding Member

Default Re: Yes, I do and have.

I'm seriously trying to figure out if the XX was a bad purchase. Maybe I'm just not built for sport bikes. Don't your legs cramp? Don't you get monkey butt?
ValknMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 06:01 AM   #19
T333
Founding Member

But if we got cruiser reviews from someone who actually liked cruisers it wouldn't be MOronic. Almost like we would be getting more than our $12 dollars worth.

Personally, sport bike riding postion puts too much compression on my 'nads; but if you're lacking anything substantial in that department I can see how it would be appealing...

(Asbestos shields up against the humor impaired - or those for whom that joke hits a little too close to home.)
T333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 06:06 AM   #20
Sam_Freed
Registered Member

Default Did I miss something?

What makes you guys think Roberts doesn't like cruisers? I didn't get that out of the review.
Sam_Freed is offline   Reply With Quote