Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-30-2003, 09:02 PM   #1
allbikesbiker
Registered Member

Default Re: Sturgis Tales Feedback

first post.

glad you made it to get gas.

Being both Harley and Honda 'enabled' I can't see the sense of the rivalry... but that's just me.

I wave to everyone but sometimes it seems like a waste of energy.
allbikesbiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2003, 09:05 PM   #2
allbikesbiker
Registered Member

Default edit

forgot to add the last part of the sentence... 'waste of energy'... because the harley guys almost never wave when I'm on the RC51 and the sport bike guys are so astonished that I'm waving from an FLHT that it takes them a mile or so for it to sink in..
allbikesbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 01:44 AM   #3
Daimon1054
Founding Member

I have never run across an unfriendly rider on sport bike or curiser so I can only guess you get what you give? Mabey you are not a cutious as you say? Also come blowing by at twice the speed limit is not responsible or cutious, I would let you by and not try and impeed you so I do not excuse it being done by others but I don't excuse you putting others at risk if you lost control either.
Daimon1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 02:30 AM   #4
dominatr37
Founding Member

Sounds so typical of so many of the so called faithful. It's annoying as hell. It's not their place to impede anyone, merely because they think they're riding gods gift to motorycling. There are plenty of guys who have the live and let live attitude, and are simply guys who enjoy riding, no matter what they're sitting on. Then there's the real a$$holes (Some on both sides of the fence, but seemingly a lot more on the cruiser side.) who want to give the sport bike guy a hard time. Which is just BS.
dominatr37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 03:17 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Those mean old Harley riders! I heard after they held you up, they went to a local kindergarten, and stole all the milk and cookies. What bastards!
Old 07-31-2003, 03:55 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Pulling out a .357 and firing a shot in the air does wonders as far as opening the road in front of you goes.
Old 07-31-2003, 04:22 AM   #7
SmokeU
Registered Member

Riding in the Hills during the "Rally" is much the same. Yes, I ride a cruiser, but at least my Magna has balls, and the Concours I ride with love to pass the HDs that won't let us by. I think it is programmed into their ECUs to not let them be passed by Jap bikes. Sounds like my kind of church there Martin. It's funny, I ride wherever I go, while, alas, my parents are *****'s with their HD.
Old 07-31-2003, 04:31 AM   #8
sarnali
Founding Member

A couple of used countershaft sprockets in the tank bag make dandy crowd control device's too.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 04:45 AM   #9
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

I go to Sturgis every year and don't see any problem with sport bikes being there. Nobody gives a rats petuty what you ride up there. Oh sure, us Harley guys may raz you now and then but really don't mean a thing by it. Anyway, you sport bike guys think you are God's gift also, so where is the difference. Just have a good time and don't become part of a pine tree on a blind curve. One of the real fun things about Sturgis are the demo rides of all bikes except Suzuki. And I notice that most manufacturers won't let you ride their liter bikes. But for the most part you can test ride most of the bikes that you see in magazines. Unfortuneately you probably won't see any Aprilias, but if you want you can probably test ride a Boss Hoss.

Anyway, Sturgis is a safe place to visit no matter what you ride in on or trailer in if you are a *****.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 04:51 AM   #10
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Go to Sturgis on a Buell

Buy a new Buell, put on the race kit and 1200cc bore kit and you can both enjoy the ride and be welcomed by the faithful.
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote