Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-31-2003, 01:34 PM   #61
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Sturgis Tales Feedback

First of all, you don't even know "my crowd" from the man in the moon, so before cluing me in on anything, I think you need to clue yourself in first. People who have run-in's with other people generally deserve it to a man, just like clueless people like you , who somehow have mystical knowledge of other people and "thier crowd", deserve this lashing. Maybe you believe everything everyone says, but I don't. Three sides to every story and the third one is the truth. Confrontation is rarely a one way deal, that much I've figured out in 35 years of riding about every marque on the planet.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2003, 01:37 PM   #62
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Got that right

Yeah, he finally comes up with this whopper after all this time. He somehow doesen't remember quite where he was or who he talked to in this most harrowing moment of his life. Never bothers to get a copy of the police report or follow up with a number. Yeah, it all sounds so real.
Old 07-31-2003, 01:46 PM   #63
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Hold on clueless longshyt

"People who have run-in's with other people generally deserve it to a man, just like clueless people like you , " That is just flat wrong. Either your size 6-3 ish or something else perhaps being a bully has prevented you from a undeserved run-in. But it happens to people all the time. Thats why we have cops and laws etc. longshyt To prevent bullys from turning society into a mess.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 03:29 PM   #64
redbandit_1
Founding Member

Poetry in motion man!
redbandit_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 04:17 PM   #65
TheBob
Founding Member

I heard a different version:

After they got to Sturgis, they started recounting their exploits of vigilante speed limit enforcement--including how scared and sorry the lame a$$ed squid felt after being taught his lesson. This of course earned them instant respect and awe from all who listened, and they were swarmed by adoring bikini clad babes who wanted nothing more than to be their *****es and serve them frosty beers.

TheBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 04:35 PM   #66
jkgooch
Founding Member

Default KPaul and Longshot

We need to put these two guys in a padded room for a couple of days...
jkgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 05:17 PM   #67
grover750
Founding Member

Good story. Pulling out to prevent a pass is stupid and very dangerous. I would suggest pulling in with the group, letting them think you're not going to pass them, letting them think they won. They wouldn't be happy with a rice burner in their group. Then drop it down to 9k and blow them away.

I was once on a two lane road (55mph) and came upon a group of about 10 HDs. I was on my '77 CB750F. The lady on the last bike turned and actually smiled at me. I think she knew I was going to pass and knew how much it would ***** off the leader. Sure enough, when I dropped to 3rd and flew by, the leader turned and glared at me, then gave me the bird. Who cares. The moral of the story is, don't assume everyone in the group is mad about being passed. I think the lady got a kick out of it.

Earlier in my short riding career, I was coming down 4 Mile Canyon, west of Boulder, CO. I lived up there at the time, and came upon a group of new liter bikes. Again, I was on my CB750F. I knew the road well enough to overcome their, ahem, slight equipment advantage. We pulled up to a stop sign (Hwy 119), and they all smiled and nodded at me. The didn't seem to mind a bit that I cought them.

AND.. I know exactly the type of long downhill Mr. Hackworth is talking about. The roads are wide, straight and empty. Cars routinely cruise at 90+. Totally safe for a sportbike to do the same, or more. For a group (HD Riders) that is supposedly so into freedom (no helmets, flying the flag, etc), doesn't it seem strange they would have a problem with someone speeding?
grover750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 07:17 PM   #68
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Did you ever ride Coal Creek Canyon on your 750? That is probably my favorite front range road.

Cheers

Martin
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 07:23 PM   #69
itsings
Founding Member

Default Re: Go to Sturgis on a Buell

Race kitted and bored out it still gets passed by bikes with half the displacement that didn't cost as much.

It sorta takes some on the enjoyment out of it...
itsings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 07:25 PM   #70
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default OT: Re: Sturgis Tales Feedback

Not one, but two TDM's. Who says our gang is not hip to our slower brethern?

The blue one was, at one time, mine. It is still my all time favorite motorcycle. It gave up it's life in an encounter with a drunk on Lost Trail Pass.

cheers
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote