Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-31-2003, 07:06 AM   #21
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Great read - My own story of biker hospitality.

I had a run in with the Harley boys when I mad the mistake of taking my wife just after we got married to Rapid City the week of Sturgis (I didn't ride back then) Everywhere my wife and I went there was a column of bikers hooting and whistling at my wife. Ya see she has nice body and loves to wear tube tops etc. One night at a campground a few of Harley's best decided to invite themselves into our campsite and RV. Good thing I had my buddy Mr 12 Guage. I guess they forgot to read my Dad's NRA sticker on his RV. Hard to say if this is why I hate Harleys and Racing V-Twins.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2003, 07:06 AM   #22
lesmesa
Founding Member

Default Re: Sturgis Tales Feedback

Can't you just picture the fringe-leather-vested-chained-to-the-belt-loop-walleted-tatooed-do-ragger hunched over an RC51 with a race-rep-helmeted-flamboyant-multi-colored-cartoon-hero-full-suited-knee-pucker chuffin along behind him on a springer?! Now that just makes me smile . . . . . . big!
lesmesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 07:07 AM   #23
JM_1
Founding Member

Unfortunatly this type of rude/agressive behavior by cruiser types is not restricted to or against other motorcycles only . My sister, who lives in Montana and has had to travel thru Sturgis during this time in a car, has told me of how she will never go thru there again becuse of the m/c riders. She has been cut off while attempting to pass m/c groups travelling well under the speed limit, has had them speed up after passing, then slow her down again to make her drive at their speed, then threaten her with gestures. While this may seem like fun or harmless amusement to some, it is intimidating and rude behavior to others on the road. Yes, sport riders (I'm one)usually go too fast (though not all) but once they are past they are gone and no danger to anybody except themselves. The few rude Harley/cruiser types(not all) bring motorcycling back to the "bad old days" and invite the ire of the general public thus wasting years of effort to present themselves as "good people". This type of behavior is really not necessary. So live and let live, there's room for everybody to do their own thing without being being nasty. JM-1
JM_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 07:13 AM   #24
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Great read - My own story of biker hospitality.

And the end of the story is, you woke up?
Old 07-31-2003, 07:17 AM   #25
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default I think I read that letter in Penthouse

Nothin' finer than a 13 year old boy and his mom out enjoying the open road.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 07:19 AM   #26
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Great read - My own story of biker hospitality.

I wish. It was actually pretty scary for my wife and I. We filed a report with the sheriff. It happened in 1992 I think.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:22 AM   #27
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: I think I read that letter in Penthouse

What's that you have sexual feelings for your moma Buz? There are lots of big momas at Sturgis for ya. Enjoy the DDDs
Old 07-31-2003, 07:28 AM   #28
jkgooch
Founding Member

Yeah, I agree. But the thing that really gets under my skin (having lived for some time near Laconia, and having been to a couple of those rallies) is this: you find out who these people are and it becomes apparent that the biggest a$$holes out there are the ones who bought the image brand-spanking-new at a dealership and wear it around like it gives them the right to act like hardasses. What could be further from the truth? ARRGH. GMAFB, man. It's even kind of comical: you've got a rally full of creampuffs acting like they're hard. Except they all know two things: First, they're really not. Second, 1 in 10 of the people they see, is. So everyone's got this fake I'm-a-hardass-don't-f**k-with-me vibe, with an undertone of fear about pissing off the wrong person. It almost makes me want to start a fight, just to see who stays and who goes. Seems to me I'd have the street to myself (except for the ten 1%ers beating my butt with drive-chains).

That said, see my earlier post for my latest stance on the issue.
jkgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 07:30 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

Kook-a-doodle-doo!!

Turnabout is fair play.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:47 AM   #30
KPaulCook
Banned

Ya Ya betcha