Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-31-2003, 03:55 AM   #11
SpongeBOB
Founding Member

Default OT: Re: Sturgis Tales Feedback

am I seeing TDM? Looks like a perfect road for it.
SpongeBOB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2003, 03:59 AM   #12
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: Sturgis Tales Feedback

You sound as if you believe this guy's story verbatim. Sounds as if this sport's bike guy was racing and the Harley guys just wanted to win the race anyway they knew how. When you watch bike racing on TV don't the leaders try to cut off any advancers by getting in the way. Well there you go. And as for his fear of being accosted by the gang of ruffians, it was more in his mind than reality. Chances are most of these vikings were middle aged doctors and dentists and cpa's. Sounds more like this crotch rocketeer has an over active imagination and a penchant for blowing every situation way out of proportion.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 04:11 AM   #13
coberholtzer
Founding Member

I've been riding for about 15 years, and it has never ceased to amaze me how few Harley riders ever waive or stop to offer assistance if you are on the side of the road. I ride for the love of the sport, what is their motivation? I suspect for many it's all about posing. They plunk down oodles of money for a bike just so they can show the world that they ride a Harley. Don't get me wrong, I've met decent dedicated riders on that marque, but they are the exception rather than the rule. Hopped-up sport bike riders can be a royal pain too, but usually you can attribute that to youth. I had someone recently ask me for advice concerning the purchase of a new motorcycle. My response was that today they are all so darn good, just buy what you like and don't concern yourself with what other riders will think of you or what camp you fall in to - do it for the love of the sport. Like I said, that's why I ride.
coberholtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 04:11 AM   #14
ZRX_bullock
Founding Member

Default Re: Go to Sturgis on a Buell

But you will still get passed by everybody, except the faithful, so what is the pointÂ…
Old 07-31-2003, 04:39 AM   #15
allbikesbiker
Registered Member

well said.
allbikesbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 04:55 AM   #16
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Re: Go to Sturgis on a Buell

Save as everyone else, to enjoy the ride...
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 05:01 AM   #17
boru4761
Registered Member

Greetings motobrothers.

Ah, the inevitable cruiser vs. sportbike debate.

This pisses me off so bad. Cant we all just get along? I mean there are all kinds of cagers out there just itching to slide their hoods in front of us as they make their oblivious left turns while talking on their cells and sipping their soy lattes.

We need unity people. In France, (if the French can do it anybody can) their motorcycle association is one of the strongest lobbies in the country. This is an all -volunteer organization of concerned citizens rallying together on issues that directly affect them. Why dont we have that here? Because of crap like this.

boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 05:37 AM   #18
lesmesa
Founding Member

Buddies on sportbikes

& old pals on cruisers

puck draggin young bucks

& beer bellied snoozers

What a man tends to learn

as he grizzles and wizens?

"Befriend one another

and broaden horizons."

Any hog-lovin man

who aint rode a rocket

don't know what he's got

from a turd in his pocket

And the knee draggin menace

always WOT to the max

misses out on the worlds

finest way to relax.

So before you go rippin

and dissin yer brother

get off your own bike

put some miles on another

If you won't try new flavors

Rice, Pasta or Shaker

- REMEMBER -

other rider's are your brothers

no matter the maker.

lovin all bikes, supportin all riders

Ed

lesmesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 05:53 AM   #19
grubz916
Registered Member

Default Sniff, sniff

That's beautiful man. I feel the love!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 05:58 AM   #20
jkgooch
Founding Member

As paid-up and dedicated MoFo's, we all oughtta dedicate ourselves to bringing back the "wave." Think of it as a freebie: just give to everyone--if they don't want it, fine. It doesn't cost you anything, and who knows? You might just get someone else started.

I pulled up on an old-school 1%er at a stoplight yesterday who was riding a very clean 1953 HD. Turns out he had no problem with my ride (of course, I led with a compliment on his), or, as far as I can tell, with me. My point is, you never can tell. I used to get pissed off at people who wouldn't dish it back--squids and cruisers. Now I just give it out equal-opportunity fashion.

That said, there is certainly a large minority of folks who seem to think that by buying a certain brand, they've bought their way into a club that need not deign to acknowledge fellow riders. Sad to say this goes as much for the over-refined beemer pilot as it does for the over-financed RUB and the under-IQ'd Dyna-glide-as-investment and GSXYZFTTSBK 19-35 set.

Anyway, the idea is that if you do it often enough, maybe they'll get the hint. Even if they don't, you can feel good about doing your part to create some solidarity among the brotherhood, and knowing something they don't: we're in this together.

See you on the street: I'll be the guy on a caffeinated '96 Sportster, waving at your a$$.
jkgooch is offline   Reply With Quote