Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-23-2003, 08:44 AM   #11
Benji155
Founding Member

Default Re: Sportster invasion!

I would just like to say in regard to the Sportster Invasion that it is nothing compared to a Honda Ruckus Invasion, NOTHING!!! Me and my friends were riding our Ruckus Rockets (I like to call 'em) around the parking lot at Wal-Mart the other day. Man, we were causing all kinds of havoc, dare I say, a ruckus? Oh yeah!! That Wal-Mart security guard was on my tail in his enclosed three-wheel security cart, lights flashing and everything. We got away. It was cool and see, now do you see the difference?
Benji155 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2003, 08:50 AM   #12
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Yea, work s*cks. I actually took unpaid leave on that first trip. Amazingly the trip itself was extremely cheap, KOA's, national parks, and great mom and pop eats. Time off work is the bigest constraint to these trips, but I've done 2 all around the US, I don't remember how many East of the Mississippi. Do yourself a favor and do ride down to the Blueridge, maybe down to the Smokeys. Should eat up a week (again hit all the little spots on the maps). As far as the CA sportster goes, fly out and rent a Harley in CA, or set up a N.Y. version of the ralley. Had a great time years ago at a Rider rally in New Jersey (western parts in the mountains, old playboy hotel or something, if I remember right)
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 10:10 AM   #13
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: BSA 441 Victor

The first week tha I owned the Victor it back fired while I was attempting to kick start it. Twisted my ankle so badly that I had to park on top of the nearest hill so I could bump start it. Took me about a month to recover sufficiently before I could kick it over again. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 10:11 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

There are some decent windshields that you can put on the Sporty that look good and will make all the difference in the world. I put one on my '85 XLX-61 and afterward wondered why I ever cared about ruining the looks. The comfort is worth it. Not that that's the reason you don't use one. But give it some consideration. I did easy 4-5 hundred mile days with a windshield.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:14 AM   #15
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

The gas tank was polished aluminium with the front part painted yellow.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 10:17 AM   #16
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re:gas tanks

That happened to me on my 80" rigid frame shovelhead chop,

I was flyin' down I-5 and my goolies started stinging, I looked down and one of my used 5gal. fatbob tanks had cracked around the rear mount and was dumping gas on my crotch and the rear head, which my leg rested on cause of my cobra seat. <p. It's amazing the looks you get when you're a long haired bearded weirdo on a chopper at a gas station pouring water all over your crotch.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 10:19 AM   #17
sarnali
Founding Member

I was flyin' down I-5 and my goolies started stinging, I looked down and one of my used 5gal. fatbob tanks had cracked around the rear mount and was dumping gas on my crotch and the rear head, which my leg rested on cause of my cobra seat. <p. It's amazing the looks you get when you're a long haired bearded weirdo on a chopper at a gas station pouring water all over your crotch.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:20 AM   #18
sarnali
Founding Member

oops
Old 07-23-2003, 10:20 AM   #19
sarnali
Founding Member

I was flyin' down I-5 and my goolies started stinging, I looked down and one of my used 5gal. fatbob tanks had cracked around the rear mount and was dumping gas on my crotch and the rear head, which my leg rested on cause of my cobra seat.

. It's amazing the looks you get when you're a long haired bearded weirdo on a chopper at a gas station pouring water all over your crotch.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:32 AM   #20
sarnali
Founding Member

My '78 XLH had a custom made leather seat on it that looked like a couch cushion, that plus some progressive shocks made it pretty good, don't know if I'd ride a Sporty across country though

I'm going to get my trophy seat redone for christmas, there's a guy in seattle that redoes the foam, adds gel pads and does nice leather work "while-u-wait" costs a couple of bucks but he does good work. The stock trophy seat is a butt-burner after a couple of hours.