Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-15-2003, 08:48 AM   #51
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell XB12 Feedback

Just judging by the claimed figures, adding ten horspower to the tested 76-78 HP of the XB-9R would put it around 86-88 HP.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2003, 08:50 AM   #52
chariton
Founding Member

some guys just don't get it!!!

This is one of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen. Right there with the ducati 916. It is absolutely stunning! So it doesn't do 150hp. Who cares? This Buell oozes sensuality. This Buell is SEXY!!!
chariton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 08:51 AM   #53
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Bravo Buell and Thanks to JB

Thanks Buell for more power and the 2 year warranty. I am definitely intrigued by the Bolt now. Only one compliant I have is Buell needs to offer more colors. It would be nice to have at least 4 colors to choose from red, yellow, blue, black.

Could this be the bike that turns KPaul into a V-Twin fan who knows but I have got to ride it.

Thanks Buell for being different. The Buell accessories (both performance and apprearance) for the Buell bikes are an excellent thing as well. The Big 4 could learn from that.

JB your are great writer and this dim wit has learned much and been entertained more by your writing. Good luck
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 08:54 AM   #54
KPaulCook
Banned

Default P.S. The Chevy small block/big block thing

Was a good analogy that puts it in perspective for us Gen X squids.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:56 AM   #55
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Spoken like a used VFR rider

Great point. How boring would the world be if it we all agreed that all sportbikes should be inline 4s? or everyone should wear helmets or ride Harleys.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:57 AM   #56
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny. There you go again praising the Buell, and pissing off those that never rode one. Tsk, Tsk. Hey you just rode the thing, what do you know? Everything in the article made sense to me, maybe because I got you by a couple years and at that age things start to make sense. You know you get it when you quit worrying how big it is, and start thinking about how you can use it. The new Buell is pretty good, and I will be test riding one just to check out how it fits. That or the new Beemer is catching my eye. I always did love an underdog. JB, you will be missed here, as your bitter and biting commentaries were always thought provoking. Continued success for ya.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:01 AM   #57
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Default Re: To all the Anti-Buellers

Mike, well said! We have enough choices in race replicas. Buells are so friggin' different. That's why some people can't wrap their brains around them. For those who do "get it", they're a great kick in the gut!
Old 07-15-2003, 09:01 AM   #58
bigjames
Premium Member

Burnsie, good luck where ever you end up! You done good here. You really want to go back to the paper mongers? How primitive....

Being that I live in Macon, Georgia (like Tripp from time to time) next time I see him, will ask if he put Eric up to that phone call....by the way, best Southern Accent I've seen in print in years!

Buell good, bigger Buell better, anti-Buell folks, remove head out of arse and give credit where credit is due. Horse Power is not a good measure of power, torque is.....looks like that engine design from the late '20's (1929 HD 45 CID Engine is the direct ancestor) still has quite a bit of life in it.

Now if it just came in a sport touring version.....

BIgJames
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 09:03 AM   #59
SmokeU
Registered Member

I don't live in the desert, I live about 50, maybe 60, miles east of the Missouri River in South Dakota, which may as well be a desert. And there is no way in hell the XB12 or XB9 would get that mileage with the speeds as fast as they are here in SD. They would be my dream machines out in the Black Hills though. I am willing to compromise though since I like the bikes so much.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:06 AM   #60
bigjames
Premium Member

Default RC51 or Ducati Probably does not have a bike

well, do you? I thought not....

Gee the Buell has more HP and makes more torque than any comparably priced Ducati. RC51 is yesterday's news and not really ridable on the street.

You show your inexperience as a street rider....weenie
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote