Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-15-2003, 10:03 PM   #111
orangeokie
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell XB12 Feedback

Sorry NoKneeDown . . . Actually the preceeding post was supposed to be addressed to gbrummett.
orangeokie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2003, 10:08 PM   #112
orangeokie
Founding Member

waepoint . . . I hope you understand that I have nothing against 600cc bikes, and I think the new ZX6R/RR is da bomb. My only pet peeve is the guys who attack Buells because the are different from the mass marketed Jap 600's. I like the styling of the ZX7R best, of all Jap bikes. Looks like a hammerhead shark from the front, and the ergos are comfortable to me. I agree it is very heavy in comparison the the newest Jap bikes. It does have a cult following however, and is rare on the street. The XB12R is now moving up to the front burner. I'll have to test ride one when they become available. Can't do that with a ZX7.
orangeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 10:11 PM   #113
Betamax
Founding Member

WTF? Considering that the bikes you mention are more SPORT-TOURERS rather than SPORTBIKES, it's hardly surprising that the Buell is faster in the twisties.

In fact, why stop with such a short list? Surely there are many other non-sportbike motorcycles that you could compare the Buell to favorably---cruisers, tourers, scooters, mopeds. The list is endless...

And don't stop there! Tell us all how the Buell will blow away any John Deere, stock or custom.
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 11:04 PM   #114
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default NO NO NO IT CAN"T BE HAPPENING

Maaaaaan, you're leaving? Can we just call this a sojourn? A sabbatical? A hiatus? A Jordanesque baseball experiment? I mean, you can make some cool ads, well and fine, but shiznit JB, you're the Rebel Writer Rider. I feel like the Lone Ranger hung up his gun to go work at the patent office. JB, dude, I guess you have to get that scrilla, just don't forget to give them hell. Most importantly, don't forget to write!

Best of luck and a knee puck
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 12:39 AM   #115
Pacer
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell XB12 Feedback === lost case again :)

Harley doesn't make a chopper. People make choppers out of Harleys.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 02:49 AM   #116
fizzchem
Founding Member

Default Re: Hrm

Perhaps because your friend is afraid of sportbike POWAH? I-4s are easier to slide than V-Twins.
fizzchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 02:50 AM   #117
fizzchem
Founding Member

85 at the crank. Rear wheel torque is bound to be lower.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:02 AM   #118
fizzchem
Founding Member

Buell customers are their own breed?

Yeah all three of them.

"I think they will eventually have to be accepted by the HD crowd because most Buell riders will be their sons and daughters."

After we all sing Kum-BA-YAH and take another swig of the bong water, we'll get back to reality. Check out the sales for HD. Buell is such a small percentage of bike sales, it will continue to be easy for the regular HD crowd to ignore Buell owners.

"sell me the same extended warranty (6yrs) on an XB9S"

Hyundai has a 10 year warranty. People are buying those things in droves. HD is notorious for having poor service when it comes to Buell. See www.badweatherbikers.com. It surprises me that some dealerships even carry the line for the disdain in which they treat potential customers. In my region, every HD dealership is unwilling to say the least.

What is strange is how some reviews ignore the big dip in the powerband from 2-3.5k that needs the pipe ECU upgrade to fix.

Despite all the shortcomings, I was going to buy an XB9S *anyway*. But after talking to local owners (who agreed that if you have the $$$ and patience, it makes a good third or fourth bike, 'cuz you won't be able to ride it all the time) the prospect of taking it 120 miles on the Superslab to get serviced from a Buell-friendly dealership, it made cost of ownership way higher than it needs to be.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:05 AM   #119
fizzchem
Founding Member

Default Re: The CBR won.

First, the CBR4Fi won. I have the issue.

Second, that wasn't a track, it was a parking lot contest.

Third, lap times don't lie. If it's such a good handling bike with great POWAH, it should do fine against, say, an RC51 or an R6 at Willow Springs, in summer.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:09 AM   #120
fizzchem
Founding Member

Default Re: Duh.

Back in the day, HD and Indian used to race all the time. Both manufacturers bragged about their wins in order to increase sales. It was quite the competition. Now that HD withdrew from road racing, and only now has the XLH883R to commemorate dirt track successes, you pillory those manufacturers who choose to do the same. My have times changed.