Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-15-2003, 12:20 PM   #91
wfowade
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell XB12 Feedback

The Buell will never be accepted by the Squid/Sportbike crowd nor the HD crowd. Buell will simply have to develop their own customers. I like this bike and I know others who want to like the bike but have been turned off by reports of reliability issues on early Buells. I wish Buell well with this. I look forward to getting an opportunity to swing a leg over one and twist the loud handle.
wfowade is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2003, 12:24 PM   #92
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Because when someone builds the bike everyone wants...

Kinda like when Homer Simpson's half brother let him design a car and the company went out of business!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 12:42 PM   #93
fizzchem
Founding Member

Default Re: doesn't take a genius to read a dyno chart

A track time would be nice too. Especially at a place like Willow Springs.
fizzchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 01:12 PM   #94
jkgooch
Founding Member

Advertising? ADVERTISING??!!!! C'mon, JB, how can a guy who's instinct for resisting the bullsh*t is law school proof go over to the ultimate dark side? The horror . . . the horror. I hope you don't find it a complete under-use of your talent and creativity. Of course, family, home, bike(s)--money matters, no matter what the most idealistic of us wish. And selling other people's stuff pays better than writing you own. So good luck, and throw us a bone from time to time.

Keep the rubber side down.
jkgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 01:21 PM   #95
Betamax
Founding Member

Good review, but I don't understand the comment how if Honda tried to build a bike like this they'd build a Pacific Coast with an outrigger.

Honda did build a bike like that; it's called the 919. Criticize the 919 if you like, but don't make 'straw man' comparisons that are ridiculous for the sake of being ridiculous.

If even KPaul can give credit where it's due, certainly a professional writer should do the same...
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 01:51 PM   #96
waepoint
Founding Member

Default Re: Sam Kinison

"Come here! You know what this is? This is sand. You know what grows in sand? NOTHING!!! It's a f**king desert!!! Ohhh!!! OHHHHHHH!!!!"

R.I.P. Sam.

Buells are cuell. Fresh blood keeps the species healthy.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 02:17 PM   #97
KPaulCook
Banned

Default I promise you Mike L.

I promise not to say a bad word about Buell until I ride one. The new Bolt looks cool. More power and a 2 year warranty (that should quiet the reliability fears) I love it. The XBR-9 is cool but the lack of power made me shy away. But like you said I have no more execuses.... Buell is listening to us.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 02:21 PM   #98
waepoint
Founding Member

I agree with a lot of the 600SS / CBGZXR-RRR comments above ... yeah, the Japanese sharpen their pencils every two years and all the motojournos fall over themselves creaming their pants over +3 hp and -3 lbs (MOronic company excluded, of course) ... and I also agree that buying bikes is about emotion more than some BS stat sheet GP.

But ultimately, everybody 'cept for the boys at MO and their brethren have to shell out cash to ride these beasts, and there's something to be said for being able to buy the latest and greatest for the least.

I never thought I'd buy another 600, especially not for the street, but this new crop of super freakin' sports just cannot be denied. Consider that the ZX-7R (apparently your top choice) is matched in horsies by the new ZX-6R, which also happens to weigh (this seems too insane to be correct) 100 pounds less than the 7R dinosaur and lists for several hundred dollars less (your haggling may vary).

Trust me, I understand the appeal of having something different that isn't being wrecked by every dumbass wannabe racer boy on the planet. I understand ... but I still went and bought a new ZX-6R and think it is just about the most smoking bike I've ever ridden.

The point? Different strokes for different folks (duh), so more power to you for buying based on your guts. And hats of to Buell for putting out a hoss with some styling and handling to boot. But don't forget for a second which continent defines power, performance, and value in the modern sportbike world. While I wouldn't mind having a new Buell, my guts feel amply rewarded for going with the ever-so-popular flow on this one.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 03:13 PM   #99
Ducgroupie
Founding Member

nah see I want to get a Buell but I also want to have my girl ride on the back. I want one of the Firebolts, I just wanted a little bigger bike. I guess I should say, forget the liquid and fairing but add some room for a passenger and some soft bags. I wrote that post late last night when I wasn't thinking straight that and JB said he was leaving just had me discombobulated.

If my local dealers would have said boo to me when I was looking at the Firebolt in the showroom a couple weeks ago, looking, sitting on, poking proding for about 20 minutes no salesman to be found to even go and talk to either.

Oh well I'm going to go to a dealer this winter and see if I can find a firebolt and then just get a 650 or 750 cruiser and use that for trips with the little lady.

Thanks for putting me back in my place.
Ducgroupie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 03:16 PM   #100
Ducgroupie
Founding Member

Default JB on history channel

Just saw JB on the history channel apparently he wrecked a bike. that big monstrous bike with the old '60's Chevy V8. the one that's about 12 ft long that you can't turn. All because of Burns they can't ride that one anymore.
Ducgroupie is offline   Reply With Quote