Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-14-2003, 02:46 AM   #51
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: BMW Rockster Feedback

The BMW looks kind of quirky and cool. Having never ridden one it may be a bit too quirky for some, but it's interesting because it's different. Sean be careful out there! The Timmy virus may bite!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2003, 03:34 AM   #52
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

>>BMW will never be known for building bad-ass bikes or cars<<

Er, isn't the fastest production car in the world powered by a BMW engine?
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:03 AM   #53
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Let's Look at This More Closely.

Firstly, it should never be assumed that I am "coming down on KPaul's side" (or any side for that matter.) Please understand that that is not my context.

1) Please allow me to strongly advise not letting KPAul (or those like him you meet in life) get under your skin. In this context, ignoring him generally resolves the issue for me. His sense of humour is...peculiar, shall we say?

2) "Ashley kinda jumped the gun..." Never badmouth your coworkers in a public forum, justified or not. It makes the company look bad, and it makes you appear petty.

3) "Jackass." I'm tellin' you, Dude, you are just going to make yourself miserable getting wrapped around the axle over his kind of talk. KPaul's brand of nonsensical, antireasoning prodding at the rational mind runs rampant in today's world. (Try working for the government sometime.) Let it go, Man.

4) "My two accidents say nothing about my skill or competence as a rider." Really? I think one's riding competence is EXACTLY what these types of things speak to.

"Neither were my fault, since I couldn't control wether[sic] or not that lady made the decision to run the red light..." The key phrase there is 'I couldn't control...' Being out of control is *specifically* and *necessarily* bad riding. As to the actions of others on the road...

"I have no idea WHAT the heck I ran over..." Paying attention is 90% of life.

No, you can't control whether that lady ran the red, but you can and MUST control whether you see her, and give her space enough to be oblivious, or you may wind up dead or worse than dead, and the oblivious will motor on.

I'm curious about your lowside. Was it dark? Wet? Cold (air temp., tire temp., body temp.)? Were you fatigued? I beg forgiveness if you posted all this and I missed the article. Of course you can't see everything all the time, which is why you wear good gear every time. And by no means am I accusing you of low-grade riding, nor do I assume such. But I speak about attitudes; the "It wasn't my fault," mindset can let you start justifying every manner of unwise road behavior, and get yourself in real trouble.

And I wouldn't want to hear of that happening.

Stay safe, kick the proverbial booty, and remember: while in California, avoid riding off into the sunset.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:03 AM   #54
SRMark
Founding Member

Looks like BMW tried to make a Guzzi Breva with some muscle and a large dose of ugly. If so, they hit the bullseye. Where does BMW get their stylists? Black and Orange tiger stripes? God awful orange wheels? And did anyone even look at the bike from the side? With tubing, wires and hoses stuck any-old-place, it looks like an Appalacian back yard. I do like BMWs and have been looking for something like the Rockster. I always thought my old K75s was well styled and it still looks good today. Please BMW, get a little Italian design input. Also suffering from the design malaise are the way-hideous cruiser bike and its touring counter part. Then there are the egg shaped touring bikes, the bloated adventure tourers, and the 650 single abominations. I guess I just don't get it.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:53 AM   #55
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Let's Look at This More Closely.

I was going to give young Timmy some similar advice. Considering you're far more eloquent than I (the one-liner being my specialty), I sat back and read and nodded my head.

All I can add is: Excellent post! Me too! My idea! LOL!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 04:55 AM   #56
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Can you say M5? M3?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 05:48 AM   #57
rmenk
Founding Member

Used to ride an R1100R then moved up to an R1150RT and now ride a CLC. All have been fabulous bikes but the CLC is definitely my favorite. BMW bikes never try to ape other machines as the Japanese herd does. If I wanted a different bike I'd have bought one.

Seems like I'm seeing far more beemers on the road than ever; anyone else notice that?

The CLC needs to be seen and ridden to be fully appreciated. It is magnificent for it's intended role as a luxury cruiser...
rmenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 06:06 AM   #58
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Let's Look at This More Closely.

I agree good post. And Tim shouldn't sink to the same level as me now that he is a staff member
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 07:07 AM   #59
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: OK Dorthy.

"I probably get too much pleasure for seeing the Grumpy Old Harley Men (longride, GeezerGlide) get all upset by some of my crap. " Don't take me to seriously Buz. I don't.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 07:55 AM   #60
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I believe he was refering to the McLaren Buz. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote