Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-13-2003, 07:17 AM   #41
Captain_1
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW Rockster Feedback

BMW will never be known for building bad-ass bikes or cars, its not in their DNA. However, they will forever be known as building some of the most satisfying products with wheels. The Rockster is a step in the right direction to attract younger buyers. A sport exhaust and lower gearing would have added muscle to its street-fighter looks.
Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2003, 07:45 AM   #42
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Hey it's not like I didn't get jealous enough when I read this the first time. I am however surprised that with all of the glowing praise for the Multistrada by the press that you fine the V Strom to be a superior back road weapon. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 08:00 AM   #43
Hadji
Founding Member

Default What? No KTM 950 Adventure?

Sweet stable of bikes. Do you have a KTM 950 Adventure on order? I'd like to hear more about your Guzzi and Aprilia.

Anyone notice that he owns 6 twins and only one inline four, Hmmmmmm?

Singles and Twins Forever!!
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 08:03 AM   #44
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I have to agree with you on the likelyhood of this particular BMW not attracting gen y buyers, as I find the Rockster to be a particularly hideous looking bike. On the other hand I don't think young women that look as if thier faces were attacked by a runaway nail gun look too attractive either. Perhaps the same guys that think these chicks look cool will take a second look at the Rockster after all. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 11:16 AM   #45
crazybike_37
Founding Member

Default Re: OK Dorthy.

My two accidents say nothing about my skill or competence as a rider. Neither were my fault, since I couldn't control wether or not that lady made the decision to run the red light, and in all honesty, I have no idea WHAT the heck I ran over that made me lowside while changing lanes on the freeway. In all honesty, Ashley kinda jumped the gun when she posted something about me lane-splitting and then losing it. She didn't exactly know the whole story, and I don't know where she got the idea I was lane splitting. So, I can't help the fact that my luck wasn't of the good variety for my first week here, but thank you for your concern. Jackass.
Old 07-13-2003, 11:43 AM   #46
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Thanks for the article. Try not to use all your (9?) lives up too quickly now!
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 09:09 PM   #47
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Chances are he'll challenge you to compare MSF scores, benchpress, or a 40 yard dash.

I hear he's pretty good at Yahtzee! too.

Be careful. He's a natural athlete.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 09:13 PM   #48
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I've got a Toyota Tundra pickup so whenever you want to come down San Diego way and wad you're welcome to. I'll get some large kitchen bags to throw all the spewed parts in and we'll have a great time!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 10:38 PM   #49
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Setting the record straight.

Sure man. I'll be there..... I know the place. When is the next track day? You probably know some of the same guys I know that race there. About the crap I been saying yep I am sure you are right about someone who has raced vs someone who hasn't. Sean and I had a friendly banter going back and forth about how he was going to smoke me on a Buell Blast vs me on my Ninja. I can see that some folks like you and Buzglyd didn't catch on to the what was going on. I think you, longride, Dorthy and Geezerglyd (Buzglyd) are taking me a little too seriously. I was also giving Sean crap about having seldom ridden in the rain. Remember we are talking about motorcycles here (not world peace) also how boring it would be if we all agreed on everthing. But I probably get too much pleasure for seeing the Grumpy Old Harley Men (longride, GeezerGlide) get all upset by some of my crap.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 12:57 AM   #50
rvfrules
Founding Member

No sh*t.... My R1100GS wheelies off the throttle from just about a walking pace. Swapping the rear drive from an R1100 is a popular mod for 1150GS and R owners who don't need the autobahn-ready high gear ratios BMW put on the 1150 series.
rvfrules is offline   Reply With Quote