Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-12-2003, 03:08 PM   #31
DialedIN
Founding Member

Default Re: Wait a minute!

Wait, are you the big bald bad as* biker looking dude that wears a salad bowl for a helmet? And your talking this sensitivity stuff?

Do you wear chaps without jeans on under them? Lets not even get into the fringed arm chaps! I mean you do look very "athletic". Is your house clean and you hang out with a guy you call your "special friend"?

Oh Sh*t I forgot this mean looking mutha has access to my address.....

EB I agree with ya man! Put me on the mailing list for " How to Make Friends and Influence People" It sounds like a real good read.

"Ride to Live" "Keep the rubber side down"

"Stay Between the ditches" " There is no replacement for displacement" And of course "don't run with sizzors".
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2003, 03:50 PM   #32
ebass
Founding Member

Default You're making me angry Dial Dude

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry ....

ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 07:47 PM   #33
lampell
Registered Member

Default Re: BMW Rockster Feedback

Here is a short synopsis for anyone who might be interested. Currently I own 7 bikes and 2 scooters. When I give opinions of bikes its usually as comparison to others I own or have owned. Bikes currently in the fleet include the aformentioned Rockster, Ducati Multistrada, 03 Yamaha R6, 03 Aprilia Tuono, 02 Guzzi V11 Sport Scura, 02 Suzuki V Strom and an 02 HD Electra Glide Classic.The Rockster I charaterize as a "pleaant bike", that is with a Corbin seat it is comfortable even without a windshield as you are slightly leaned over. The gearbox is good the engine smooth and puts out reasonalbly good power. Powerband is from about 4k to 6k. Suspension is in my opinion second rate as the springs are too soft. Increasing rebound only helps a bit. It can keep up with other naked bikes on the twisties only with a bit of work. If on the other hand you can have only one bike its pretty good and is does most things well. I agree with CycleWorld review that unfortunately compared to the other naked bikes it rates only above the Guzzi.

The most remarkable bike I own presently is the Vstrom as it is the only bike with long suspension that can float over bumps but not wallow following sportbikes. It is deceptively fast as long as you stay below 110 mph.

lampell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 07:47 PM   #34
lampell
Registered Member

Here is a short synopsis for anyone who might be interested. Currently I own 7 bikes and 2 scooters. When I give opinions of bikes its usually as comparison to others I own or have owned. Bikes currently in the fleet include the aformentioned Rockster, Ducati Multistrada, 03 Yamaha R6, 03 Aprilia Tuono, 02 Guzzi V11 Sport Scura, 02 Suzuki V Strom and an 02 HD Electra Glide Classic.The Rockster I charaterize as a "pleaant bike", that is with a Corbin seat it is comfortable even without a windshield as you are slightly leaned over. The gearbox is good the engine smooth and puts out reasonalbly good power. Powerband is from about 4k to 6k. Suspension is in my opinion second rate as the springs are too soft. Increasing rebound only helps a bit. It can keep up with other naked bikes on the twisties only with a bit of work. If on the other hand you can have only one bike its pretty good and is does most things well. I agree with CycleWorld review that unfortunately compared to the other naked bikes it rates only above the Guzzi.

The most remarkable bike I own presently is the Vstrom as it is the only bike with long suspension that can float over bumps but not wallow following sportbikes. It is deceptively fast as long as you stay below 110 mph.

lampell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 09:12 PM   #35
Betamax
Founding Member

bad luck, but great recoveries and an article out of it...sounds like a good ride, Sean!

the Rockster looks cool, but it's a heavier bike than it's pictures suggest...it might be an OK bike, but there's too much competition in the naked market for the Rockster to sell...
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 12:49 AM   #36
dwr461
Founding Member

I agree with the flat tire kits. I actually ly rode until the cords were showing on my back tire. (Should have check it more often, I got lucky and never crashed.) Even at that level the plug still held.

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 03:39 AM   #37
HawgTied
Founding Member

Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug.
HawgTied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 05:57 AM   #38
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Careful, Boy, you go too far.

Don't try to Burnsify yourself all at once now. He's had years and years of practice at caustic humor. Wit is good; gratuitous wisea$$ is just weak writing.

I advise you to remember your faith; demeaning people (at least without gross provocation) is bad form, and the karmic wheel doth turn day by day.

Sean wrote: "After the press intro, at which it was explained that the Rocksters in attendance had encountered numerous flat tires on their break-in rides..."

There's your "rash."

This was emphatically not a "review," but overall, a fine "riding impression." Good to have fresh blood aboard. Good Luck to you.
Old 07-13-2003, 06:03 AM   #39
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

As I said:

A decent "riding impression."

It was not a "review."

But give the boy some time. I think he'll grow into it.
Old 07-13-2003, 06:17 AM   #40
painter_1
Founding Member

Default Re: OK Dorthy.

I'm a racer in WMRRA. (Seattle) I've been racing here for 7 years. So far all 3 race weekends have had rain this year, which is about normal, If sean has even done one full rain race his riding ability is about 10 times what a person who has never raced is. I've been reading alot of ***** from you KPAUL. Tell you what, why don't you come to the next track day At Pacific Raceway, In case you don't know it's just outside of Auburn WA. I even have a 2002 GSXR600 you can borrow for the day, This is a real offer, I want to see if you can back up all the crap you've been spewing. My email is mszedx9@hotmail.com. WMRRA #4 plate, OMRRA #2 plate, AMA 94 currently 20th in Superbike
painter_1 is offline   Reply With Quote