Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-12-2003, 05:23 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: BMW Rockster Feedback

Well, at least it doesn't look like a bunch of unrelated parts cobbled together from the parts bin like the 1200C.

So, how you like the Trumpet? How does it compare to the SV650, Concours and VFR (older one)?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2003, 05:29 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

On a more serious note:

Does BMW think that re-packaging their clunky old engine is going to entice the younger demographic to buy it? I mean, I do like Bummers, but they are what they are and their design won't appeal to the techie 600RRRRR types at all, no matter what the paint scheme.

It'll be less successful at capturing younger riders than the V-Rod is. Even with the good pricing.
Old 07-12-2003, 06:14 AM   #13
ruister
Founding Member

I don't seem to get it, after not really making any positive comments about the BMW Rockster Jason says that he would still put his money down for one. Why, explain? Don't get me wrong I like a lot of what I have seen about the BMW Rockster and I would potentially get one if I didn't already own a Ducati Monster. This story did not give me enough real information about how the BMW Rockster rides. Keep to writing about bikes, all this other entertainment/story stuff is cute but lacking in substance. The story about the Ducati Multistrada was good, it had some real info about how the Ducati rides/performs.
ruister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 06:54 AM   #14
sarnali
Founding Member

Lemme' see now, Triumph compared to 1). Concours; mid 90's tech compared to mid 80's tech, Triumph wins because I think it looks better. 2). SV650; Don't know, 6'2- 280lb middle aged guy on tiny bike is not a fashion statement I want to make,,,Triumph wins because I think I look better on it 3). '93~'97 VFR; Haven't had to change reg./rec. on Triumph yet,, haven't got stuck on the side of the road yet,, haven't had to load it in the back of my truck yet,, ummm VFR cornered better,,,Triumph wins because it's not red, That 1200 CLE or whatever they call the new one looks OK in person, but for that money I'd buy an Electra glide standard.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 06:55 AM   #15
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Welcome to my world (Seattle)

"and I've had to ride in the rain maybe six times" Maybe my 14,000 miles of riding in Seattle with rain, wind, mud, slicky white lines, herds of cell-phone yacking SUV drivers is worth 140,000 miles of riding in wimpy California. In Seattle either you ride in the rain or not. If not then you are usually a Harley rider and only ride on sunny weekends.

Tips for riding in the rain Real men ride in the rain
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 06:57 AM   #16
KPaulCook
Banned

Now that is really funny. Probably bad karma saying bad things about the Honda CBR600RR.
Old 07-12-2003, 06:59 AM   #17
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Hey Sean how about we race in the rain?

That should even the odds eh?
Old 07-12-2003, 07:20 AM   #18
nweaver
Founding Member

Default One UUUGLy mofo

Its not just an uuuugly mofo, but an ugly parts bin special! Lets take the lamps from the GS, the front from the S, and stick it on an R and call it a new bike.

And $10k-12k isn't a bargan, $6k buys an SV650. $8k an SV1000 or a Monster 800S-ie. Its only a bargan considering how much the propeller-logo gouges for.
nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 07:26 AM   #19
KPaulCook
Banned

Default You are right. To me it looks like a German Buell

Looks like a Buell pre Firebolt days.
Old 07-12-2003, 10:34 AM   #20
crazybike_37
Founding Member

WTF?!?! What are you smoking? WTF does this have to do with the CBR? Go away.