Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-09-2003, 09:04 AM   #51
KPaulCook
Banned

Default But the way Buz rides ....he should stick to a freeway like I-80

I agree from Dinosaur to Craig is fair (much better than I80) but going from Rangely to Meeker is enough improvement to stray from US 40. Rio Blanco lake is only good for water skiing and ain't much to look at. I would stay on 40 then veer off at Granby and go over trail ridge road in Rocky Mtn National park. But I don't think a Harley could make it and the way Buz rides he would ride his brakes all the way down. I think Buz would have a hard time on Rabbit Ears Pass and Berthoud Pass. No he better stick to the freeways.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2003, 09:31 AM   #52
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: But the way Buz rides ....he should stick to a freeway like I-80

Nice troll KPaul...not biting.

Care to put a little wager on our riding skills?

Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 11:33 AM   #53
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: But the way Buz rides ....he should stick to a freeway like I-80

You already did (bite). We can compare MSF scores I guess. But I don't think I will be down in your woods any time soon for a face to face show down. I am game if I ever get down there. I am a natural athlete and I love competition so I am sure it would be an even match given your greater years experience.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:55 PM   #54
seruzawa
The Toad

Default People who live in glass houses.....

He got you again!
Old 07-09-2003, 03:28 PM   #55
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: People who live in glass houses.....

I suppose you're a natural athlete too!

***** a doodle do
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 05:00 PM   #56
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Kook-a-doodle-doo!!!!

Nope, 11 am and I was on the ride back to Carson to meet my wife and her friend for lunch. Figured you guys were due in around 2 and I couldnÂ’t find anything to occupy 3 hours of my time there. After the Hans incident I was lucky to spend the 30 minutes I did in the "event". I caught about 15 minutes of the round the world guy's seminar but it read like the aerostich catalog. Some good info but not enough to keep me standing in the sun for. Well when I could just pick up the catalog at home and start ordering...

Your lucky you didnÂ’t pay at the gate, the price went up to $75 day of the event (if you can believe that). Then you would of had to figure out how to strap a collapsible chair and huge 2003 calendar to your bike. Half used calendar, gotta love that one, left it at the motel...

Now a pic of me on your duc would have been priceless! Though not as bad as me on my brothers 996, which looked more like a yellow wedgie with two wheelsÂ…

LT? I gots no stinking LT, RS now thatÂ’s a different story. Actually though the LT is one sweet ride. Rented one and went up to Eureka for a weekend about a year and a half ago. Nice ride to take up 1 with the stereo blasting. Then a cruise through Avenue of the Giants is just icing on the cake. I foresee one in my stable here sooner or later, later more likely.

The wife and I will probably make at least one more trip to San Simeon this summer. IÂ’ll have to let you know when and see if youÂ’re interested in heading up. We love that ride down 1 and a trip to Hearst Castle is always nice. Gotta love checking out how the Po folks lived.

12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 06:41 PM   #57
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: People who live in glass houses.....

My work is done here. Thanks for the fun
Old 07-10-2003, 05:16 AM   #58
vcs700s
Founding Member

Default Re: Brats? There were no stinking Brats...

FYI- At the Honda Hoot, and I am assuming most rallies, you are required to wear your wristband for the entire event- the Hoot was four days. Also, the demo lines are always long. Last year at the Hoot I got there an hour before the gate opened- about 7 a.m. There were dozens of people in line. By the time they opened the gate, at 8 a.m., there were hundreds. It was fun though, being able to talk to other riders.

Sorry the rally didn't turn out very good, but at least you got in some good riding.
vcs700s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 07:00 PM   #59
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Brats? There were no stinking Brats...

I wouldnt of minded so much if that was mentioned anywhere on anything.

Your right though, I did get some good, make that great riding in. The weekend all in all was awesome, just I expected to be at least tempted to spend some money if not a whole lot on something. At least I saw one thing at the rally I wanted to buy and ended up doing so tonight. Picked up one of the dual helmet lock license plate holder thingys. Saw about ten in the parking lot and had to have one as my K12RS's locks blow. Well with the bags on I cant even use them. $50 later and that problem is solved, very cool item.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote