Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 07-08-2003, 07:46 PM   #41
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Dammit 12er!

"MOrons of the world, UNITE!", too funny.

At first I was in more shock than anything (probably was sporting the confused dog look) as a little (to me) older German man grabbed 6'6" 275lb me by the back of the arm and started yelling. Though as his tirade continued and the death grip on my arm wasnÂ’t loosening my blood started to boil. Add in that I spent $100 (my wife and I) for the pleasure of attending this joke of an event only to receive this treatment was too much. Luckily the thought of at least one night with Truckee's finest popped into my head before instinct took over. That and how cool is it to beat up an old man, but d@mn was he asking for it and everyone around saw it coming.

At least the rally was a great excuse to spend 3 days and over 700 miles just playing on some of the best, most beautiful roads anywhere. Not counting the ride to and from. Hans now is just a funny memory.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2003, 08:07 PM   #42
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Kook-a-doodle-doo!!!!

You got that right on the herds of HD's on 395. Carson City was loaded and there were at least 6 to 10 staying at our motel alone. The few short miles from Carson to 88 we passed at least 30 in 3 or 4 herds heading north. On 88 we had to go around a group of about 10, the k12 doesnt like 60mph. 85mph is its sweet spot, luckily there wasnt a sole for miles in the other direction. Just moved on over and waved as we went by. Passed a couple more herds on 4 east and west of the pass. It wasnt even September... Well if anyone has been to Reno for Street Vibrations you would know what I mean.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 08:49 PM   #43
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Buz found a home

Too busy working and riding. Don't do much Posing. Ha Ha
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 01:00 AM   #44
Jexter
Founding Member

Default Re: Can you tell your wife to quit emailing me then?

>I prefer the gym.

With charm like yours, I'd say that's a good call.

Jexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 03:00 AM   #45
Buzglyd
Founding Member

We were on the lookout for you but it sounds like you didn't spend a whole lot of time at the lame-ass event.

Brian and I didn't pay the $50. He asked me about it in advance and I said let's see what it's like before we pay.

I haven't even paid for the H-D 100th yet and I know that's going to be off the hook!

It's too bad we couldn't have met. EBass had a K1200GT, you had the LT, Brian has an RT and I was on my Duc. We could have test ridden each other's bikes!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 05:49 AM   #46
SmokeU
Registered Member

There were hundreds of Harleys in the Black Hills this last weekend too. I had went out there with my parents, brother, and his fiance. They had great fireworks at Mt. Rushmore Thursday night and the weather was great. We got up early and rode all day and drank beer at night, it was great. I got some good pics, just none of me I prefer the backside of the lens.

On a side note, I met the most disgusting cat I have ever seen at the campground we stayed at, it was like a walking skeleton. I cringed when I petted it the first time.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:17 AM   #47
motonut_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Beemers, Brats & Buzglyd?

I-70, I-80, etc. What the hells the difference? It's all freeway. There are some excellent options once you have gotten you and your trusty (I assume) stead as far as Grand Juntion. Four days from there to Milwaukee gives you lots of choices. Hwy 40 between Dinosaur and Craig sucks. Take Hwy 64 south out of Dinosaur (it turns to the east) and take it to Meeker. It follows the White River, no traffic, nice rolling road. Then take 13 back up thru Craig and head for Baggs, Wyoming. At Baggs, go east on Hwy 70 through the Medicine Bow Nat. Forest and then pick up Hwy 130 (not 230) which takes you through the Snowy Range of southern Wyoming and on into Laramie. In Laramie grab Hwy 287 north to Hwy 34 east. After a few straight miles, 34 starts to wind its way through some very enjoyable countryside and deposits you in Wheatland, Wyoming. Then take the road out to the power plant (you may have to ask).

Pass the power plant and follow the road around the resevoir. This will take you past Register Cliff where the wagon train settlers carved their names into the sandstone walls, and on into Guernsey. Take 270 north out of Guernsey (another very nice road) which will take you up to Hwy 20 in eastern Wyoming. From there you can continue across northern Nebraska or go on up to the Black Hills and grab I-90. One piece of advice. Do not ride any of these roads at night. There are deer everywhere.
motonut_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 06:30 AM   #48
motonut_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Beemers, Brats & Buzglyd?

I-70, I-80, etc. What the hells the difference? It's all freeway. There are some excellent options once you have gotten you and your trusty (I assume) stead as far as Grand Juntion. Four days from there to Milwaukee gives you lots of choices. Hwy 40 between Dinosaur and Craig sucks. Take Hwy 64 south out of Dinosaur (it turns to the east) and take it to Meeker. It follows the White River, no traffic, nice rolling road. Then take 13 back up thru Craig and head for Baggs, Wyoming. At Baggs, go east on Hwy 70 through the Medicine Bow Nat. Forest and then pick up Hwy 130 (not 230) which takes you through the Snowy Range of southern Wyoming and on into Laramie. In Laramie grab Hwy 287 north to Hwy 34 east. After a few straight miles, 34 starts to wind its way through some very enjoyable countryside and deposits you in Wheatland, Wyoming. Then take the road out to the power plant (you may have to ask).

Pass the power plant and follow the road around the resevoir. This will take you past Register Cliff where the wagon train settlers carved their names into the sandstone walls, and on into Guernsey. Take 270 north out of Guernsey (another very nice road) which will take you up to Hwy 20 in eastern Wyoming. From there you can continue across northern Nebraska or go on up to the Black Hills and grab I-90. One piece of advice. Do not ride any of these roads at night. There are deer everywhere.
motonut_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 08:40 AM   #49
bigjames
Premium Member

Default Bring your own women, beer garden on sight, whisky legal in Alabama....

I doubt very seriously that we will be allowed to check out the track, however, Reg Pridemore is doing his C.L.A.S.S. Motorcycle School out there, so in a manner of speaking, yes we will. Go to http://www.bmwra.org/rally_2003.htm and follow the links to Reg's pages!

I'm very happily married (meaning that my next comment is not for me), but many there are not! Bring MANY women, the sleazier the better. (Women riders, yes there are quite a few female BMW Riders, just bring yourselves, please. Way too many single males there to begin with! Unless you LIKE normal people.) Whisky is always good, but I am pretty sure you can buy that in Alabama....The bottles take up too much room and clank when you go down the road....

BigJames

bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 08:50 AM   #50
bigjames
Premium Member

Default Re: Partying BMW Riders

BMW Rider's Mantra:

Ride to the party, party half the night, sleep the other half , repeat

Gator's Mantra (Gator is a legendary BMW person. Just ask him!):

Work all day, party all night, wonder why I didn't make any money at the rally (again), repeat

Harley Rider's Mantra:

Live to ride, ride to live

Rubbie Mantra:

Live to trailer, trailer to the rally, talk big about the experience later

Gold Wing Mantra:

Eat to ride, ride to eat, wonder why rear tires wear out so quickly (see the BMW pictures accompanying this article for the explanation)
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote