Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-29-2003, 09:26 AM   #11
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Fieldsheer Cabrio Reader Feedback

There's a tag sewn on the liner (on mine anyway) it's pretty much remove armor- cold water-gentle cycle-mild detergent-hang dry, but like I said, after I washed it it wasn't water proof anymore which is why I bought it in the first place, so I don't plan on washing my new one and I never washed the replacement they sent me. It's just red and road-grimey and nasty looking after 4 years of wearing it in iffy weather. Makes me look like a REAL biker.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2003, 12:03 PM   #12
pushrod
Founding Member

The most important part of the washing process for subsequent water repellency is the rinse (well, the waterproofing agent is up there, too). If there is any detergent left in the material, it will wick moisture. Also, I've been told both to use fabric softener, and not to use it.

You may want to check out the Aerostich cleaning procedures at http://www.aerostich.com/riderwearhouse.store.

My opinion is to use liquid soap, or pre-dissolve the powder, especially if you are washing dark colored fabric.

Incidentally, the reason you must take out the foam armor is because the garment will not submerge otherwise.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 12:09 PM   #13
pushrod
Founding Member

Yeah! You wanna talk about a WIDE area network! Ping time is a bit excessive, but hey...

BTW, JR will perform an inspection on the seams and material if you desire, but their policy is to recommend retiring armored garments after a crash, much like the helmet makers recommend with their products.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 03:21 AM   #14
Cherii
Founding Member

Default retain waterproofness with NikWax Tech Wash

Wash waterproof, breathable fabrics with NikWax Tech Wash (www.nikwax.co.uk), available from Aerostich RiderWearhouse (www.aerostich.com). I've used it on my Belstaff Avalon jacket (www.BritishMotorcycleGear.com) and it comes out looking and feeling new, still very breathable and very waterproof.
Cherii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:48 AM   #15
James_Brown
Registered Member

Default Re: What bike is that?

The GTS 1000 didn't sell in Europe either...
James_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 05:28 AM   #16
Fangit
Founding Member

Default Slick looking Yamaha GTS, Carl...

Didn't see you at the GTS Rally last weekend. You should join the GTS list...see:

http://www.gts1000.org/

Rally website is:

http://www.ladj.com/gtsrally/

BTW, a friend of mine has a Fieldsheer mesh jacket and raves about it, especially the bargain price he paid....
Fangit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 05:59 AM   #17
navion_pa1
Founding Member

Sorry but 75 miles is not a true test of a jacket

being waterproof. I want my jacket to go eight to twelve hours.

I like the idea that manufacturer's are getting some decent venting, could proably be better.

Chest vents, don't help much if your setting behind a big fairing.
navion_pa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 06:38 AM   #18
sprj8008
Founding Member

Default Re: What bike is that?

Actually... Based on the one in my garage...

It was here in 93 and 94. USA, Europe and Canada. EFI, ABS, single front swingarm and conventional twin spar rear.

Roughly 100hp and 100 ftlbs.

Red in 93 and Blue-green in 94. I'd guess that's a 94. (With aftermarket seat and screen.)

Being a purist (right...Uh...) mine remains stock.

It is a fantastic machine.

SPRJ
Old 07-01-2003, 03:10 PM   #19
GoalBusa
Founding Member

I bought the Fieldsheer Titanium air jackets for my wife and myself. Their looks, armor & prices are much better the JR counter-parts. I love them for hot weather riding. I have only good things to say about FS but their distribution totally sucks.

I've been trying to get the Titanium air pants and not a single distributor in the country has them. Ordered them online at fieldsheeronline.com with no reply or charge ot shipment.

They have the best product for the best price.

FIELDSHEER, IF YOU READ THIS!!!! PLEASE IMPROVE YOUR STOCK AND DIDTRIBUTION!!!!
GoalBusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:37 PM   #20
Cheapskate
Founding Member

I rode for years with a t-shirt or jeans jacket during the summer. Last year I bought a Fieldsheer Air Blade jacket. The quality is terrific, and I've gotten many favorable comments on the looks. The leather is perforated, but my wife sewed up a shirt of Polar Fleece Windbloc so I can wear the jacket during colder months. It's warm during the summer, but works great in the mountains. I would buy another Fieldsheer product.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote