Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Burns Gets Naked With Twins! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1940-burns-gets-naked-twins.html)

ValkBandit 06-25-2003 05:22 AM

burns ... get a grip.

you said, "Y'know, not liking the new Suzuki SV650 must be right up there with being opposed to the war in Iraq."

if i were the sensitive type i'd tell you that you are full of $hit. there are plenty of us who are opposed to that wretched military action without end and without justifiable cause.

and by the way ... just what is a silly comment like this doing in a motorcycle road test? and NAMBLA? my gawd, man, is it your mission to pi$$ people off?

dominatr37 06-25-2003 05:27 AM

Re: Infinitley rebuildable

Hahaha, that was funny Longride. IF this bike breaks, it'll be a longtime from now, and when it does happen I'll simply fix it. Lets face facts, almost every harley in the evo age has had its head gaskets replaced at the 10K mark. You don't see that on any Japanese bike. The twin cam 88 has had plenty of problems including the cam failures which are a very common problem. How common for the poorly designed harley? Common enough to have a class action suit against them. When was that last time you saw that against a Japanese manufacturer? http://tinyurl.com/f8dk You guys with your harley attitude should really wake up. Ride what you like, and stop putting down everyone around you who doesn't want to ride 30 year old technology and looks. Your nonsense about harleys lasting is a crock. They have terrible logevity records. Frames crack, engines fail, and God only knows what else goes wrong with them. But if you guys like them, that's fine. Enjoy them, but don't think you've got it right and everyone else has it wrong. You're only fooling yourself. The guy who started this post about "Infinitely rebuildable" bikes may have started this one for the wrong reason. There's a reason harleys are"infinitely rebuildable" They have to be because they fall apart far quicker then any other bike out there, especially if the owner starts adding so called performance parts.

SRMark 06-25-2003 05:27 AM

Re: Burns Gets Naked With Twins!

You idiot!

Sam_Freed 06-25-2003 05:33 AM

Re: burns ... get a grip.

Uh, have you ever read Burns before? Or MO for that matter? The PC police got chased out of MOtown a long time ago. If you hurry, maybe you can still catch a ride with Tipper Gore.

nokneedragin 06-25-2003 05:35 AM

Kind of sounds like Harley/BMW/VFR/Connie owners.

GmonSquared 06-25-2003 05:36 AM

Good call, they are apples and oranges. It's like picking on the little kid at school. The SV and the Buell are meant for two different purposes. The SV is cheap enough to use as a commuter and still have another bike for weekends. It's also cheap enough as a beginner bike and fast enough to last through the 2nd year.

The Buell is a different class of bike, and it shows in the price tag. If I had to pick one or the other, I'd take neither and opt for the Duc or SV1000.

I know the Buell is fun to ride, has plenty of power, yadda yadda. I just for some reason can't get over the runty look of the thing. Maybe I'm weird but I don't think we'll see it in a museum ever, unless it's the Harley museum.

dominatr37 06-25-2003 05:44 AM

>

now THAT was humor! Well done,Sam!

caseyheilman 06-25-2003 05:45 AM

As I read the article I was reminded that J.Burns is an A-list motojournalist. He's the one that's out riding the Tuono's and the GSXR's. He can ride those bikes a couple of laps and make all the suspension adjustments and get another second quicker. That's great. But for the rest of the real world, we need motorcycles that work into our daily lives. Bikes that are not the center of attention everywhere they go. And yes, some of us (beginners) need a boring bike. Because boring bikes make it to and from where they are going with the rider intact. Boring bikes don't raise insurance premiums. Boring bikes don't get speeding tickets. When did they stop making bikes just for transportation?

Mr. Burns is probably a total badass with any bike he rides. He is fast fast fast. But having ridden all the latest greatest most ungodly awesome bikes at 110%, he just might have a hard time relating to someone who is looking for his/her first.

He's talking about how hard it is to get the SV past 100mph. That's got a lot to do with the fact that he's ridden so many bikes that breeze into the 140 range in 5th gear...

For some people a bike that "only" goes 125mph is just what they need to keep out of trouble and ambulances.

Casey

ValkBandit 06-25-2003 05:51 AM

hah! i've prolly been here longer than you, same. even PB (pre-burns).

ya see, sam, there are people dying in iraq. people i care about. and for what? no weapons of mass destruction. no link to al quaida. it's all a cluster @!#$.

and regarding the PC of NAMBLA ... there is PC and there is PC. that comment was WAY over the top, even for burns.

nokneedragin 06-25-2003 05:51 AM

And of course the bastion of truth (your good buddy Rush) and you are always glad to point out that no one is allowed to have a different opinion.

Lighten up on telling someone to disappear, or judging them from one statement.

lets all go far a good ride now.