Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-26-2003, 01:44 PM   #231
Blake_1
Registered Member

Default Sorry, you are incorrect.

Sales of the new Buells are doing extremely well. The factory is pretty much running at full capacity trying to keep up with demand.

$8,995 is a great deal on a fantastic sport bike.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2003, 01:49 PM   #232
Rob-SV650
Founding Member

Default Re: My opinion...

Heh heh, no they sure wouldn't! But actually, the bike I described is more of a Suzuki version of an Aprilia Tuono than a TL-R. I just spec'ed a "TL-R spec engine", as in 120+ HP, but in a naked bike with a premium suspension.

I bet this would sell pretty well to potential buyers of Tuonos and Monsters if the performance and subjective feel was there.
Rob-SV650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 01:56 PM   #233
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Default Re: Thus Spake The Head...

Long Live The Head!
Old 06-26-2003, 02:08 PM   #234
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Unless...

Unless Harley have secretly been producing tens of thousands of bikes in excess of what they have been selling. It would explain the chronic supply issues they've been having since the late 1980s. Come 2005, then, the MoCo will start releasing for sale brand new, previously untitled, bikes from model years, say, 1993-2003. These will, of course, be grandfathered in under the emmissions laws of whatever year in which they were produced, and voila, H-d have enough old-skool air-cooled big twins for the next twenty years.

Hey, it could happen.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:20 PM   #235
Rob-SV650
Founding Member

Default Toys

Yeah, this pretty much sums up my buying decision process too - I am only interested in bikes I can do daily commuting on and tour on without punishing myself. This means they need to have reasonable ergos, engines that are not tempermental about going slow or fast, and unquestionable reliability.

And WTF ever happened to the Triumph Trident? I always liked that bike!

But seriously, if I'm gonna spend around 10K, I'm just gonna cough up the extra $1500for a FJR1300 - fast, comfy, good handling, low maint, and practical for about every type of street riding and probably good enough for a beginner to use on the track (which in about 7 years of riding I still haven't made it to, though I would like to someday).
Rob-SV650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 04:23 PM   #236
BykerGeek
Founding Member

Default Re: Earth to MOrons

KPaul know not what he talking about is....
BykerGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 04:31 PM   #237
Randy_P_Moran
Founding Member

Default Nothing compares to a used VFR.

It is the perfect motorcycle.
Randy_P_Moran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 05:17 PM   #238
kawazuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Burns Gets Naked With Twins!

I agree. It's the more appropriate bike for the comparo given the price range for the other bikes. Both of them, perhaps, so the readers can get a feel for the differences between the two.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 05:20 PM   #239
Van
Founding Member

Default Re: You choose.

I'd rather have a bike manufacturer swallow their pride and offer me non antiquated technology in the first place so that my bike doesn't continually break down and/or they don't have to constantly institute recalls.

I'd also rather they do the bulk of their R&D and Stress Testing before they release the bike to the general public, unlike Buell, who seems to let the Buying Public do much of the on road R&D and Stress Testing...
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 05:24 PM   #240
kawazuki
Founding Member

Default STAFF! ALERT! PLEASE READ!

Hey guys, factual error on this article. In the text you state the M800 is $8495 (or something) and then on the 'specifications' page you state that it is $11095 (the M1000 price).

I wonder if the M800 service interval is typical Ducati. If it could go 6000 miles without a $1000 service call, it might be a valid option.

If it's big enough.

-Kawazuki (still 6'5" and 240 lbs)
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote