Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-26-2003, 07:58 AM   #201
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Burns Gets Naked With Twins!

Come on you got to give em longer with me than that.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2003, 08:27 AM   #202
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Excellent Post best here

"I think the comparision to the SV650 was great in one sense: it was a slam at Buell marketing who thinks their bike is worth 10K when it should be priced on the order of Suzi's offering. " Exactly

"I still probably wouldn't buy a Buell, not because of it's origin or purported "history" but because I don't buy "toys", " To me the Buell isn't serious. Interesting but not good looking or serious. Kind of like an AMC Pacer.

Old 06-26-2003, 08:30 AM   #203
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: As usual

"Have you noticed that you're not only the butt of jokes on the message board but have now made it into MO's articles as well." You being an insecure sales type would care about what others think about you. I don't give a damn what people think about me and I am laughing with you laughing at me. That may be too complicated for you to understand. Some of us get paid cause we are good rather than being good to someone (brown nose).

Old 06-26-2003, 08:36 AM   #204
Blake_1
Registered Member

Default Re: Japan Inc. Worship

Absolutely! The 1000cc version will fry its clutch even more quickly than the 650.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:46 AM   #205
Blake_1
Registered Member

Default You choose.

Would you rather have a bike manufacturer that steps up and addressed potential problems for the benefit of the customer or one that ignores and seeks to conceal problems to avoid the associated expense of maing things right ?
Old 06-26-2003, 09:02 AM   #206
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: No, you give us a break.

Very good Steven. However, Buz and Longride consistently (more like every single time) agree with Burns. Hmmmm I on the other hand disagree from time to time.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:07 AM   #207
KPaulCook
Banned

Default BuzLightYear be a contributor not lap dog.

You are such an airhead. All of your posts are like. Yes longride you are absolutely right kiss kiss. Yes Burns you are absolutely right smouch smouch. Yes Sean you are absolutely right. hug hug. Ok KPaul you suck, you are a 13 year old boy.

Do you have any thing to really say. If not just use the moderate button save the space for the contributer. Don't be longride or burn's lap dog.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:09 AM   #208
Agent0090
Founding Member

Man, JB sounded like Antonin Scalia discusssion homosexual sodomy. Yikes.
Agent0090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 09:16 AM   #209
boru4761
Registered Member

The XB9s and the VRod are the future of HD. I think JB is right about the XB9S being cool 20 years down the road because it will be the original. Think about it. HDs little deal with the US gov't on emissions runs out in 2005. The V-rod motor is not a new performance off shoot like Honda trying a V5 in MotoGP, the VRSCA motor is the new Harley motor and dont be surprised if you see it spread throughout their lineup for 2004 or 2005 in different sizes and states of tune. In fact, I cant imagine the XB9s not getting a smaller version of the VRSCA motor. It would go a long way in making the bike even more performance oriented and deal with a lot of the current complaints about the bike. No more cooling fan for the rear cylinder blowing heat on the rear shock and under seat electronics. No more 7500rpm redline cutting the party short. It is almost as if the Lightning chassis was designed for a 750/800cc version of the VRSCA motor tuned to rev out to 10 maybe 11K but Harley just didnt get it done in time. It is coming though and then Buell will really have something. The Lightning will be a Monster killer and take a healthy chunk out of the market segment they should be aiming for: the 30 to 50 year old Ducatisti types. Plus, by then I will be tired of my little SV650 and ready to trade up. Remember. You heard it here first folks.
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 09:41 AM   #210
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Cult Status Bikes

Cheap,but not inherently disposable. In part this is because it is not made obsolete by a newer and supposedly greater version every two years.

Individual riders MAY outgrow them in a couple of years, but the bike seems to get passed on to the next crop of new riders (or the few, but dedicated, experienced fans of small, high performance -- relatively -- bikes).

I suspect that in part, this is simply a matter of the market place rather than the character of the bike itself. If the market for sport 250s was as competitive as that for the 600s, thise bike would have been replaced several times over and the old ones would be scrap or languishing in the back of someone's garage, covered with dust and cobwebs, like so many of those perfectly good, CBR F2s and the like.

BTW, I was looking for a good 250 Ninja for my daughter (at least that is my story) and they seem to be worth almost the same as they list new!

Regards

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote