Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Burns Gets Naked With Twins! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1940-burns-gets-naked-twins.html)

Blake_1 06-25-2003 06:28 PM

Ah yes, HP/cc/$, the mantra of sheep everywhere.

Ya, good point. Who needs bike reviews? Just put all the sport bikes on a dyno and calculate the best HP/cc/$. Let the sheep flock to their master... "baaaaahh.... baaahhhh... give us cheep sport bikes... baaaaahhhh"

My taste is a bit more discerning, more like JohhnyB's, and I'm willing to spend a little cash to purchase something I find appealing. You don't like it? Tough sh_t.

You of course are free to follow the flock to the mantra of Japan Inc, -- that displacement is the only gage by which to class a sport bike, and that the cheapest most powerful bike makes all others inferior.

Blake (50K+ virtually trouble free miles on Buell motorcycles)

sarnali 06-25-2003 06:42 PM

Re: Thus replyth St. Sarnali

Thus replyth St. Sarnali, Go ye thus to thy Triumph dealer and beseecheth unto them "Sell me a Triumph,", For whilst the V11 Scura is Dope, The Triumph is dope as ***** and the only bike mentioned in The Book Of Truth,,, verily " Steven's Triumph was heard through-out the land" (I'm paraphrasing here) Also the bike of choice for St. Marlon of Brando as for St. Steve of Mcqueen, and St. Lee of Marvin, St Clint of Eastwood and approved by Steven of Buckley and his minions Sarah-n-Alison

Blake_1 06-25-2003 07:06 PM

Another sheep preaching the mantra of displacement

Are you aware of any other factors affecting performance besides dispacement? Basing all comparisons purely on displacement and even considering number of cylinders is just plain ignorant.

Ever hear of valves, valvetrain, cooling, engine speed/rev limit? Those are all very significant factors affecting the optimum/peak performance of an engine.

The Duc M1000 is a great bike.

I'd take the the new Buell though even at the same price as the Duc. Interestingly, the list price on new '03 Buell XB9's just dropped to only $8995. Some dealers are willing to sell them at 90% or less of the list price.

Van 06-25-2003 08:02 PM

Re: Japan Inc. Worship

Care to make that same wager if we dump the 650 for the 1000, as it should've been in the first place?

Steven_Verschoor 06-25-2003 08:05 PM

Look who's talking

Brown nosing? Ha-ha, like you should talk...</p>

The problem for a loud-mouthed, anyway-the-wind-blows guy like you, KPaul, is that this forum keeps records. Exhibit 1.</p>

The funny thing is I'm the one who defended you back then. Oh well, I gave you a chance. I live and learn. Exhibit 2.</p>

Yikes, I had a bad day. I feel a little better now.</p>

Steven_Verschoor 06-25-2003 08:08 PM

No, you give us a break.

Whose nose is brown?...</p>

The problem for a loud-mouthed, anyway-the-wind-blows guy like you, KPaul, is that this forum keeps records. Exhibit 1.</p>

The funny thing is I'm the one who defended you back then. Oh well, I gave you a chance. I live and learn. Exhibit 2.</p>

Yikes, I had a bad day. I feel a little better now.</p>

smythie 06-26-2003 12:09 AM

Re: Burns Gets Naked With Twins!

average rider 4-6k miles a year? I guess that makes me an above average rider. Looks like I will not be able to afford that ST4s that I have been yearning for for so long.

Ride Carefully folks - They're out there

Lowrez 06-26-2003 01:02 AM

Re: stupid EBass not understand

I'm just upset that this comparison seemed to throw out the cost differences in the bikes. Is the Buell really worth $3K more? Do we really care if our bike of choice ends up in a museum one day? Personally, I just want to ride a good bike and have enough coin left over to pay the neighbor kid to mow my lawn.

I think the MO staff needs to take a moment to reflect on the possability that this was below their normal standards. Do the MOrons expect a lot? Hell ya! But only because we've seen your track record.

dominatr37 06-26-2003 01:36 AM

Re: Infinitley rebuildable

Never heard of him

dominatr37 06-26-2003 01:49 AM

Re: Infinitley rebuildable

You know what? You have no clue at all. Stupid statements like you made here just show how out of the loop you are. Go rebuild your harley. Secondly, the motor does not "Buzz" at 8,000 rpm. It's smooth as silk. Another foolish harley misconception. I guarantee you, in less then 4 years time when I've broken the 100,000 mile barrier, my bike will still be here. And unlike your harley, it won't have been rebuilt 8 or 10 times along the way. Get a grip. Also I'd rather have a bike like I bought, that new cost less then a third of any new harley, and be able to ride it 100,000 miles without problems, then pay $18,000 for obsolete tech that falls apart every 10-20K miles. Cost effective? For YOUR price of admission I could buy three bikes, that will all run circles around, get better mileage then, and look FAR better then any "Join the club" harley.

I'm done with this discussion. Any further postings will go unreplied to.