Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-25-2003, 04:35 PM   #161
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Burns Gets Naked With Twins!

Ha ha! You got sucked in!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2003, 04:41 PM   #162
Van
Founding Member

Yes, it was sorta stupid of you, JB, for in setting it up the way you did you went out of your way to stack the deck against the little SV.

Listen to your comments regarding the SV, vis a vis the more expensive and larger capacity bikes...

"Boring..."

"Needs more power..."

"Needs more suspension and brakes...

Jeez, while you're at it why not also ***** about night time being too dark...

Ya think MAYBE it might've made a little more sense to use a lightweight twin with identical ergos from the very same company, one that addresses those faults you knew you had with the little SV going in; one that still costs less than the other two bikes in the comparo?

Moreover, that wise old pedophile Jack brings up the other obvious point. (Which has always been his wont.. ): Nobody in the market for an 800cc Duck or an XB9R is going to even be considering the SV650. They might, however, at least consider the naked SV1000, knowing that for less money they'll be getting greater comfort, greater reliability, a much easier ownership experience and far superior power with at least "ballpark" handling and braking...

And for all of that silliness on your part you're still my favorite moto scribe, so what the hell...

Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 04:42 PM   #163
Van
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell price

Hmmmm..

Preemptive action in advance of the next recall?

Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 04:55 PM   #164
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Cult Status Bikes

Although it may be amongst the cheapest and "disposable" of the Japanese bikes, take a look at Kawasaki Ninja 250 R owners. For a little, lo-tech, "beginner's" grinner, people (including myself) absolutely freaking loooooove this little bike. Just look on the net for it's cult like status.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 05:38 PM   #165
dave_arkle
Founding Member

UNRELATED: When is JB leaving Motorcycle.com? I've heard from 2 seperate sources now that he's outta there, possible headed for a full time gig at Cycle World, although I only heard that from one place.

Anyone?
Old 06-25-2003, 05:39 PM   #166
Blake_1
Registered Member

Default Japan Inc. Worship

All Japan Inc. products are flawless and last forever. OHHHMMMMMM.... ohhhhmmmmm...

I'd be all for taking all three bikes reviewed to the drag strip and thrashing them until they go no mo (pun intended ). Anyone care to wager which one will be making the last run down the strip? My money is on the Buell.

Old 06-25-2003, 05:45 PM   #167
Blake_1
Registered Member

Default FYI: List Price on '03 XB9R/XB9S is now $8995

The factory recently issued a $1,000 factory incentive on all '03 XB9's, dropping list price from $9.995 to $8,995. Some dealers eager to clear their inventory are selling new XB9's for under $8K.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:50 PM   #168
mdr_1
Founding Member

Regarding the comment of taking the Tuono over the Duc 1000s the rider should really decide what he wants out of the bike. I own both and have put over 5k miles on both this year. I live in WV and it is all hills and curves. The Tuono is for one thing which is going ballistic at all times. The Duc will go plenty fast and actually is sort of like surfing or boarding if that makes sense. I've owned Honda's and Suzuki's But the Duc is without my favorite bike on a daily basis. Just my 2 cents.
mdr_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 05:52 PM   #169
Blake_1
Registered Member

Default Got a mirror? LOL!!!

Sorry no. Try again.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:56 PM   #170
Blake_1
Registered Member

Default Great engine yes, but not a V-Twin. D'OH!

The V-Max engine is awesom, but it's a four cylinder. I don't want a friggin four cylinder engine in my bike. Try again.