Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-25-2003, 11:52 AM   #121
Flickmeister
Registered Member

Default Re: Burns Gets Naked With Twins!

Casey,

Walt Fulton is fast. Danny Coe is fast. Mitch Boehm is fast (unbelievably for a guy his size). Kent Kunitsugu and Andrew Trevitt are fast. Don Canet is faster yet. You give Burns far more credit than he is worthy of. He just ain't all that fast.
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2003, 11:57 AM   #122
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell as paperweight ...

Reminds me of the last time i went riding with my buddy on his brand new valkyrie. I thanked god that when the battery cover came off and hit my head at 60mph that it was only made of plastic and not some metal product.

Of course that means that not only did it not really damage me, but it is also useless as a paper weight too.

Although, your friend at least has a bike that will still be collectable and easily maintainable in 20 years where as your 2 wheeled accord will be rusting in a scrap heap unremembered and unloved. And that my friend is the difference!!
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 11:57 AM   #123
TuneREX
Founding Member

Default Re: Stop spying on me and you are comparing apples and oranges

Who gives a fying fluck? JB reviewed 'em and the Buell won. Get over it.
TuneREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 12:05 PM   #124
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Default Re: Check the Buell sites.

There's lots of Honda dealers that treat people like crap too. Email me at psychobueller@yahoo.com and we can talk about the Buell ownership experience if you're thinking about the XB9S. No BS.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:05 PM   #125
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Stop spying on me and you are comparing apples and oranges

Ok Ferris Bueller. prick
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 12:08 PM   #126
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Buell as paperweight ...

Not if its a VFR, BMW, Connie, or SV650 or or whats that other bike that every one says they think is the best
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 12:10 PM   #127
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default As usual

You've completely missed the point of my post. Most likely you didn't even read it or perhaps your microscopic brain rattling around in that enormous head of yours failed to understand it.

It's also quite clear that "brown nose" is your new "original" thought for the day. This from someone who gloms onto everyone else's posts and pretends it's his.

Have you noticed that you're not only the butt of jokes on the message board but have now made it into MO's articles as well.

We're not laughing with you KP, we're laughing at you.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 12:12 PM   #128
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default LOL

nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 12:26 PM   #129
TheBob
Founding Member

Default Re: You are too funny

Oh My God!

I finally get it! Until your post, I never UNDERSTOOD what possible attraction anyone could have to a Harley. Never ever. I love sport bikes, I'm addicted to the grace and power they have--but comparing them to a bug--this I understand.

Until a few years ago, I was not mechanically inclined as far as automobiles go. Then I bought my first bug. A sweet little '69 convertible with FAT tires, Porche rims and a chromed engine (the guy who sold it to me for 3k was in tears). I wanted a bug because money was tight, and they are the easiest cars to maintain at home. Air cooled, simplistic exhaust system, not much of anything to futz with (except for balancing dual carbs--that took some practice).

Sure, the bug may be noisy, yes it's suspension is crap, and the handling only passable--but it looks GOOD. It's a classic, and the reason the old hunk of junk still runs and looks all perty-like is because the owner is halfway competent in its maintenance. It's a pride thing. And because it does not have a fine tolerance engine like any of the modern day cars, you really can keep them going forever. Showing up to work for my white collar tech job with oil caked under my fingernails gives me a warm satisfaction that I will sorely miss when I sell it. If I didn't need the space in my garage for another bike (and the funds to buy it with) I'd keep the beetle for my grandkids.

Damn it man, I loved seeing longride's painties in a knot. If I can't poke fun at HD riders anymore what am I to do?

Lousy upstart eye-opener.

TheBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 12:34 PM   #130
BobW
Founding Member

Default Re: Burns Gets Naked With Twins!

The Buell looks good. Real world experience: My wife *****es lately cause I ride my Suzuki and her Buell is in the shop. New ignition module should change that - we hope. Long term reliability may be an issue - hope not.
BobW is offline   Reply With Quote