Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-25-2003, 08:50 AM   #91
dominatr37
Founding Member

Default Re: Burns Gets Naked With Twins!

Yeah I wanted to ad an "S" model to my stable this year, but I really dislike the new bikes styling and ergoes. I rode one a few weeks back at Americade, and while I enjoyed it, I enjoyed the one I rode there two years ago with the nice swoopy mini fairing a lot better, as opposed to this anguler looking thing they're pushing now. If I do end up getting one, it'll be a used on now, and it'll be a project bike that I'll enjoy toying with the suspension on.
dominatr37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2003, 08:58 AM   #92
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Bravo

I don't know about getting you an internship but perhaps I could hire you to write marketing materials for my company.

The customers might not know what the hell we do but they'd be entertained!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 08:59 AM   #93
JPColl
Founding Member

Default make mine triplets...

for $10000 I'm almost all the way to a speed triple. Forget the twins.
JPColl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:00 AM   #94
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: Buell vs the world.

I dried my tears and got on with life but you failed to understand that I do the full tune up myself and these parts are just unreasonable. Parts for Harley are so common that they command a reasonable price. Obsolete, disposable bikes change so often that the parts cost a fortune. In this case, the shims are pretty much standard between models yet Yamaha likes to gouge. If I had to do all 8 shims it gets a little ridiculous. It's an 89' bike that will only go down in value to maybe 1 buck per cc where it will bottom out I imagine.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:16 AM   #95
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: In the market

>>rather slice off their left nut than help out someone looking at a Buell.<<

You mean like the HD/Buell dealer guys pitted next to me at a track day who helped my load and unload my Ducati from my truck, loaned tools, generally served as my crew, and offered am many laps on one of the Buells as I wanted?

On the other hand, when I have visited their showroom (with my grey beard and ponytail, I must have looked like a prime Harley customer) I generally get ignored while browsing the Harleys, but if I hang around the Buells, usually someone is there offering a test ride. Maybe it was the full face helmet and leathers with knee pucks that said I was not serious about the Harleys?

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:16 AM   #96
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: D'oh!

How could you leave your brothers behind? didn't you like the way you were being reared?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:23 AM   #97
sarnali
Founding Member

Well my cousins neighbors uncles sisters boyfriend knew a guy that had a Sportster and THE ENGINE FELL RIGHT OUT OF THE FRAME GOING AROUND A CORNER!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd NEVER buy a Buell. The Suzuki has to be better because it's Japanese and Hondas are Japanese so they must be the same and you beat the nicest people on a Honda so it must be way better than some oil-leaker Harley Davis.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:28 AM   #98
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default What are you rebelling against?

Whadda ya got?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:33 AM   #99
Rob-SV650
Founding Member

Default My opinion...

Well Johnny, maybe not that far off in concept, but as far as actual markets go, way off. The SV650 has a way different target buyer than the other 2 bikes.

Actually I doubt someone shopping the Buell and Ducati would even be looking at a Suzuki at all - not even the SV1000 - maybe an Aprilia or the upcoming (or is it out now?) KTM V-twin bike, or a Cagiva Raptor (can you get these in the US?) but I doubt a Japanese bike built primarily for a low sticker price.

Now if Suzuki made a balls-out twin, with an SV style chassis (the old one, of course) with a TL-R spec engine (with updates to the fuel injection like the '03 GSX-R got), with GSX-R level suspension components, and priced it just a bit above the current TL-R, the buyer looking at Buells/Ducatis/Aprilias might be VERY interested...
Rob-SV650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:44 AM   #100
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Watch it there JB. Don't bring up the function monkey again. You could cheese off the cruiser guys, or worse get Kpaul and longride going at it again
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote