Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-17-2003, 04:48 PM   #81
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Go read Burns Harley Book Review its a great description on the Harley

You got sucked in again didn't you?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2003, 04:49 PM   #82
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Go read Burns Harley Book Review its a great description on the Harley

Once you realize he's a 13 year old boy it's fun.
Old 06-17-2003, 05:08 PM   #83
VMan_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Paint it how you want.

The market for the Triumph will be for those over 18. Are you?
VMan_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 05:53 PM   #84
KPaulCook
Banned

Oh no the truth is out now. Did my mom tell you?
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 05:56 PM   #85
KPaulCook
Banned

Hey BuzLightYear tell SeraSuzy he just got sucked in by a 13 year old. It is so much fun taking on 4 of you mental giants at once. Kind of like Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon. Hi Ya !
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 06:23 PM   #86
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Go to your room.

You're grounded.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:31 PM   #87
smythie
Founding Member

Default Re: It has to do with what you said

Before you come out of your delusions about companies copying other companies, can I enlighten you a little? Companies like Ducati and Harley are not copying as you call it the other companies because they have built up a heritage and style of their own that they either can't really afford to (Ducati) abandon or are too chicken or stupid (Harley).

The "Big 4" make the big V-twin cruisers because they saw a great market segment that Harley seemed to have to itself. The unfortunate thing for those guys and eventually their designs is that the buying public in the good ol Ewe Esse Eh that want cruisers want something like a Harley.

Now when you see Triumph enter the most competitive market segment for motorcycles out there, you accuse them of copying. Why? Because they chose to use the same capacity? Because they chose to use the same engine configuration? These are both the defining factors of this segment. Hang on, it's not because the bike isn't belt drive is it? Oh wait, you are accusing the bike of being Japanese because they sourced some parts from some Japanese suppliers? In that case, I would rather buy a British "copy of a Japanese" bike than an "All American" POS that is going to fail on me every second time I try to ride it.

Then again, I've always liked tinkering with things, maybe I might get to know the insides of a Harley. No Thank you

Ride Carefully folks - They're out there
Old 06-18-2003, 01:45 AM   #88
seruzawa
The Toad

Hee hee. He got you too.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:22 AM   #89
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: It has to do with what you said

Yes, the Triumph is a copy. If you don't like a Harley, don't buy one. Why you respond with your stupidity, I don't know. Since you said Harley copied the French, I'm still waiting for that link to the 88 cubic inch 45 degree air-cooled V-Twin they copied. When you come up with that one, respond, otherwise go away.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:27 AM   #90
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Paint it how you want.

So Triumph is targeting the aging rider that wants a 600 sportbike? Ok. Yes, it should sell better than the last one. The only way it could sell worse is if they spread horse manure all over the new ones and flattened the tires. Like I said, I think they have better ways to spend their money.