Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-17-2003, 12:15 PM   #71
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Go read Burns Harley Book Review its a great description on the Harley "Miracle"

Right Harley gets a tarrif against the Japanese and lives happily ever after. Execuse me Harley makes the motorcycle equivalent of a 57 Chevy (only new of couse)
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2003, 12:17 PM   #72
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Some folks don't get cable

Touchy. You would be an expert on therapy huh?
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 12:48 PM   #73
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Racing Triumphs?

I agree that Kawasaki's approach of covering both bases with minimal additional investment makes a lot of sense -- the 600cc version for racing, produced in relatively limited numbers, and with a few other trick parts that don't make economic sense for purely street use (like Kawasaki's slipper clutch) is probably the way to go, and I bet that others will follow.

I also question the ecomomic sense of Triumph tackling Japan Inc square-on in their prime market, but I give them credit for having the balls! I am curious how their sales numbers will stack up.

Regards

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 12:53 PM   #74
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: Making motorcycles is not rocket science: maybe to Harley and US management it is

I have made that dig (in a joking manner) a few times myself, but seriously, I believe that Harley have a clear lead in sales of touring bikes currently.

I have to say that having made several 1000+ mile car trips in the western US in the past month or so, Harley's clearly make up the biggest share of the bikes I see on the open road, followed by BMW, then GoldWings. And I don't include those bikes I see on trailers.

Cheers

Bob
Old 06-17-2003, 01:00 PM   #75
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Triumph Daytona Reader Feedback

I bet you pick the women you date based solely on their measurements.

"Damn, that Jennifer has a great personality, is bright, charming and interesting, not to mention pretty, but she has only a 35" bust, while Sonja is a bit dull, smells bad and has acne, but she does have that 36" chest! Gotta go for that little extra bit of tit."

Gotta go for the numbers!

Bob
Old 06-17-2003, 03:35 PM   #76
seruzawa
The Toad

Well, since the average rider, say like you, is at least 35 pounds overweight, then the 4 pound bike weight difference is moot, isn't it?

Heh heh.

Just kidding.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:37 PM   #77
seruzawa
The Toad

In that case I vote for Monica Bellucci. You get beauty, brains and the numbers.

How can you beat that?
Old 06-17-2003, 03:40 PM   #78
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Paint it how you want.

Oh, knock it off!
Old 06-17-2003, 03:48 PM   #79
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Go read Burns Harley Book Review its a great description on the Harley

Hey, moron. Stop pushing that crap. Harley got a three year special tariff because the Japanese were dumping in the U.S. market. Do you know what dumping is, idiot? It's when a company does what the Japanese were doing... selling bikes below cost in the U.S. by charging higher prices elsewhere. The govt will act to protect any business that can show cause. Even the one you work for.

The Japanese got busted and buned back then. Too bad for them. So, blame them.

Actually, I'd prefer to see the US put the exact same requirements on Japanese products that they do on ours. Then listen to the whiners cry.
Old 06-17-2003, 05:37 PM   #80
PsychoBueller
Founding Member

Default Re: Go read Burns Harley Book Review its a great description on the Harley

Paul, every conversation with you always comes back to Harley bashing. I don't even own a Harley and you make me cringe with your drivel. I'm done with you. BSing about bikes is supposed to be fun...and you suck all the joy out of it for me.