Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-17-2003, 07:26 AM   #51
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default You ARE joking??

"England Knocks off a Japanese Bike"

The title again. I rest my case. I won't even mention all the Japanese parts, or techincal help they got from the Japanese companies.

Ducati IS the "Harley of sportbikes" right??

No answer.

The 999 is the "Edsel of sportbikes" isn't it??

No answer.

Funny how I can make you look so silly so easy, but you did all the work! LOL

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2003, 07:52 AM   #52
KPaulCook
Banned

Default What does that have to do with the price of eggs?

Yes Ducati is the Harley of sportbikes. Yes the 999 is the Edsel of sportbikes. I still believe that. So what does that have to do with Triumph? Ducati is the Harley of sportbikes, because they have great marketing, styling, etc., However, unlike Harley, Ducati can do a fantastic job competing against the Big 4 in MotoGP. Why do American companies avoid competition? Why do they run? Why do they outsource offshore and only use their brand on goods made elsewhere? Bravo to Triumph for not doing that? Leave it to the Brits to show courage?
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 07:58 AM   #53
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Some folks don't get cable

Some MOs don't get out much. Maybe Milwaukee doesn't get the Speed Channel
Old 06-17-2003, 08:01 AM   #54
GmonSquared
Founding Member

Default Re: Paint it how you want.

Did you miss the part where a couple pounds and a couple horsepower is in reality no difference at all? If you put them side by side I would take the Trumpet every time.

Actually I refuse to buy a Triumph that's not a triple. What's the point?
GmonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 08:14 AM   #55
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: 2003 Triumph Daytona Reader Feedback

This rag never has any maintenance articles. Fire back people. 10 days is way to long to have up an article. I'm just trying to fire MO up into giving us better and more content. I read their stuff but I can gripe when I feel like it and enjoy all you turkeys firing back at me. It's a free internet and if you think everything is perfect then let's hear about it. If you don't then let's hear about that also. You may think I have the dumbest posts on earth but if I read another post about how great the SV650 is I think I'll cyber vomit.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 08:47 AM   #56
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default It has to do with what you said

"Yes Ducati is the Harley of sportbikes. Yes the 999 is the Edsel of sportbikes. I still believe that. So what does that have to do with Triumph?"

Well you used the example of companies that successfully compete with the Japanese. You said Ducati, which is the Harley of sportbikes. So, I guess Harley then competes with the Japanese. But, no, you said they don't. Are you this confused in real life?

"Ducati is the Harley of sportbikes, because they have great marketing, styling, etc., However, unlike Harley, Ducati can do a fantastic job competing against the Big 4 in MotoGP."

So I guess not only do they have great marketing and styling, but make great bikes too?? Just like Harley or not? Boy, you are more confused than ever.

"Why do American companies avoid competition? Why do they run? Why do they outsource offshore and only use their brand on goods made elsewhere? Bravo to Triumph for not doing that? Leave it to the Brits to show courage?"

Harley does things their way. They never stooped to copying someone else. All I know is the Japanese all make numerous V-Twins, yet Harley makes no inline fours. You figure it out. Who copied and who didn't. It doesn't take courage to copy a Japanese 600 and claim it's British. That takes gall. You said it isn't a copy in your response to me, but your response to Seruzawa up top agreed that it was a copy. I can paste that too if you like. Since you seem to talk out your ass and your mouth at the same time, please try to make up your mind if Ducati is a success or failure, why Japanese companies continue to copy Harley, which you deemed a horrible company, and if this new Triumph is a copy or not. When you figure all this out, make sure you wrap your response in 12 pounds of bullshyt like you always do.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:54 AM   #57
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Point is, they make em to sell em, and you aren't buying one. Second point is, very few others are going to buy them. Third point is, why bother making this thing in the first place? To say the few pounds and horsepower and price don't make a difference is naive at best. Using your logic, nobody should ever buy anything more than a 600, because they certainly can't use it.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:00 AM   #58
KPaulCook
Banned

You still don't get it longride It only shares displacement and configuration with the big four , yet it has a uniquely British look. So he prefers a triple just like some guys prefer liter bikes big deal. Why is that incosistentent? Using your logic shortstuff anyone that makes a V-Twin is copying Harley.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:01 AM   #59
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

I know. I wasn't arguing that the 6 To 8 pounds make any difference in the real world, just in the mind of the street-only-riding squid who makes his decision based on that spec.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:02 AM   #60
Chango
Founding Member

Yes. Ten (10) days is a long time to have to read one article. I like the print mags where you have to read one article for thirty (30) days...

Remember, it's always easier to do things the hard way. Chango