Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-17-2003, 06:30 AM   #41
GmonSquared
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Triumph Daytona Reader Feedback

Numbers are meaningless on just about any sport bike unless you have the ability to use those numbers on the track. And most of us don't.

What about folks who want a sporty fun bike that's not cookie cutter Japanese? The TT600 03 MSRP was $8299, about the same as all the rest. (The R6 was $7999). In exchange you lose what is essentially nothing, a couple horsies on a stat sheet. A fine unique bike that compares favorably to the excellent other 600's - I like it. Nice job Triumph.

The extra $300 is worth it for the classy paint job alone.
GmonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2003, 06:37 AM   #42
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Making motorcycles is not rocket science: maybe to Harley and US management it is).

Others can compete with the Japanese and win. Lets see Ducati comes to mind in. How about Aprilia. Aprilia didn't even make a superbike until a few years ago. Making motorcycles is not rocket science but to compete with the Japanese you can't do things the Harley way. You have to use the latest technology and be commited to quality. If you break down a motorcycle into its components its rather simple. Fuel injections systems can be bought (Klien). Suspensions can be bought (Showa). Brakes (Brembo) get the picture. Engines is harder but hey how long have people been making engines. It takes gut and commitment something Harley doesn't have. This is typical of American managed companies Even though American workers and engineers don't mind competition, in fact we thrive on it, Harvard trained MBAs who run most of Americans largest compainies bail [/b] These MBA trained idiots are preoccupied with the latest quarter financial results or the stock price.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 06:38 AM   #43
KPaulCook
Banned

I agree. I like the Triumph's styling.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:47 AM   #44
Eric
Founding Member

Default Re: Making motorcycles is not rocket science: maybe to Harley and US management it is

Then again, a US based company is the largest shareholder in Ducati...
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 07:09 AM   #45
obandoj
Founding Member

As usual yossef gets it right, MO rules! All you cheap bastards that cry about your 25 cents a week are a pitiful bunch!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 07:11 AM   #46
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Racing Triumphs?

>>Currently, Triumph has no racing effort. <<

Actually not true. They are contesting the SS class in the British Superbike Series this year and won their class at the Isle of Man TT this year. Reports suggest they will contest the SS class in WSB next year and possibly also AMA SuperSport.

Cheers

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 07:16 AM   #47
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Making motorcycles is not rocket science: maybe to Harley and US management it is

"Others can compete with the Japanese and win. Lets see Ducati comes to mind in.

Didn't you say Ducati was the "Harley of Sportbikes" and the 999 the "Edsel of Sportbikes"??? My how you have changed since yesterday! Ducati competed THEIR WAY. Not by copying existing designs. Copying a Japanese 600 isn't compteting. Learn the difference.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:16 AM   #48
KPaulCook
Banned

Do they run Ducait???? Very different than being the largest shareholder.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:19 AM   #49
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Not a copy

It is not a copy. If they did that it would be illegal. It is an inline 4 cylinder bike displacing 600cc period. By your logic it is like saying that Honda Accord is a copy of a Toyota Camary. Use your brain shortstuff.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:21 AM   #50
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Paint it how you want.

Your post, while amusing, just confirmed what I said. It's more expensive, heavier, and has less horsepower than any Japanese 600. If you want to pay extra for a "classy paint job" then go ahead. Buy one, but I bet you won't. By the way, what is so "unique" about this British copy of a Japanese 600? I bet anything I could paint it lime green and slap on a Kaw sticker and 99% of the people looking at it wouldn't know the difference.