Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-18-2003, 10:31 AM   #101
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Racing Triumphs?

So's the Honda, and the Suzuki.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2003, 11:57 AM   #102
crazybike_37
Founding Member

Default Re: It has to do with what you said

Geez, calm down. I used to think KPaul was the jerk for always being discouraging and aggressive. Not that you're being discouraging, but you seem to be in a bad mood today, do you need a hug?
Old 06-18-2003, 02:36 PM   #103
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

Default Re: Paint it how you want.

Here's my two cents, for what it's worth (and I'm sure you will tell me). So what if it's a knock-off. That is how Japan's auto industry took off. And now they produce unique Japanese cars. And they still make knock offs.

If making a knockoff well bring in enough money to do the research to make unique britsh protucts, all the power to them.

And Italy is not the only country to put out a non-harley dupe. The Honda VTR1000 and Susuki TL1000 are awesome engines.

Not Potato-potato bikes.
Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 02:40 PM   #104
Pain_Seraphiin
Founding Member

God, I agree with you. I use to own a 95 Ducati 900 SuperSport. Not the fastest. Not the best handeling. But it was gorgeous and it felt special riding the bike. It was worth the extra money I put out on it. I'm not racing anyone. So what does it matter. The bike was fast. It did handle well.
Pain_Seraphiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 03:35 PM   #105
mjs
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Triumph Daytona Reader Feedback

I wish that Triumph would have brought out this same bike but with a 600CC triple for the motor......sweet!!!!
mjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 05:46 PM   #106
flatspin
Founding Member

Default Re: 2003 Triumph Daytona Reader Feedback

Beautiful motorcycle. Too bad its not available as a liter bike. Now if Triumph would just squeeze their three cylinder motor in there.
flatspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 05:59 PM   #107
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Default Triumph Sounds Japan's Death Knell

Japanese dominance is going, going, gone over the next decade, kids. You heard it hear first. Some reasons:

1) Bike technology is already so good that further incremental increases are becoming very difficult. Did you hear Boehm gush over the new liter Gixxer? That's great, but what are they going to do for an encore? Make the whole bike out of carbon fiber? Meanwhile, incremental gains at the smaller companies will be greater, since they have catching up to do, narrowing the gap every year.

2) Japan's economy has been in the dumper for the last decade. When a strong yen returns, import prices go up, and suddenly there's no premium for owning a Triumph.

3) People buy Japanese bikes because they offer unparalleled price, performance, and reliability. Brand loyalty is seldom a factor. When Europe catches up in these three arenas, customers will leave the Japanese like rats fleeing the Potemkin.

4) China is the world's largest producer of motorcycles, and they are annihilating Japan with their cheap knockoffs. Honda beats Harley every year on the strength of its small displacement bikes it sells in developing countries. Those are going away. Rapidly.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:10 PM   #108
seruzawa
The Toad

Fortunately the Japanese never made knockoffs of Lucas electrics or Girling shocks!
Old 06-18-2003, 09:33 PM   #109
Betamax
Founding Member

Default Re: It has to do with what you said

>

OK, you're stupid. And petty. And mean-spirited.

Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 09:47 PM   #110
Betamax
Founding Member

Default Re: Dingaling theories

Yah, and in the future we'll all ride light-cycles and wear self-cleaning clothes and eat food pills while robots do all the household chores.

Until the Klingons attack.
Betamax is offline   Reply With Quote