Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   '04 Yamaha Road Star Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/1904-04-yamaha-road-star-feedback.html)

Badwinger 06-05-2003 10:27 AM

Re: '04 Yamaha Road Star Feedback

Where did MO get this guy Bass??? There may be 100 words of actual information in this tome. Cut down the personal crap and give us information on the motorcycles. Otherwise your future as a motorcycle hack will be deservedly short.

Steven_Verschoor 06-05-2003 10:46 AM

An excellent, excellent narrative from the 220 pound bald, goateed, soggy, surly biker. It's 12:30 and finally my day is off to a good start.

As for the bike, it looks nice and it rides nicely. What else do you want from a cuiser... oh yeah, more noise. Probably get that from Yamaha's accessory line. What else do you need to know?

A lot of nice pics to complement the narrative, too. Well done, EBass.

Only next time get pics of the fem-bots, eh?

vcs700s 06-05-2003 10:49 AM

Exactly!!

drenton 06-05-2003 10:52 AM

be nice, Badwinger! this is the first cruiser review in an eternity! Like it or not this site is a sportsbike site first and foremost. However, It would be nice to have an equivalent style of cruiser reporting that the MO guy in Italy does with the sportsbikes. IMHO the best cruiser reviews are the shootouts.

lostdog 06-05-2003 11:00 AM

Stupid helmet

I just love this guy's riding gear. Why would I respect the opinion of someone who thinks his head is nothing more than a fashion statement?

Did I just call another motojournalist a poser? I think I did.

Evans

longride 06-05-2003 11:15 AM

Re: Stupid helmet

I bet if you were standing right next to him, you wouldn't call him anything. Just a hunch.

morganfieldmud 06-05-2003 11:47 AM

it would have been nice to actually read something about the bike...it is what we pay for is it not?

staff 06-05-2003 11:49 AM

Re: Stupid helmet

What, you want him in a full-face helmet and full leathers on
a cruiser?

I agree with longride, it's best to just call EBass "sir" to his face... but it's fun to rib him when he can't get ahold of you... ;-)

wwalkersd 06-05-2003 11:59 AM

Well, it's only part of what _I_ pay for. I'll agree it seemed a bit weak on content about bike, but at least it was entertaining! Now about those fem-bot pix...

ValkBandit 06-05-2003 12:11 PM

i was all set to upchuck ...

your launch story of the K-LT a few years ago nearly made me vomit, so i was prepared to react similarly this time. but i like this new guy; liked the fleshed-out story, the humor, and the bike facts. the guy is a keeper. see if you can keep him around, okay?