Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-06-2003, 09:39 AM   #71
lostdog
Founding Member

Default Re: To my Guardian Angel . . .

You paint quite a pretty picture of the ideal ride, although I wonder how you'd hear the birds with your ears hanging out in the wind.

You are also right that you have a choice of what type of helmet to wear--even though most of the people who responded to my comment assumed that I was dissing you for not wearing a full faced helmet. While I think half helmets are silly, if they're DOT approved, enjoy your ideal ride. If you're being photographed for publication wearing a beanie helmet that is not legal in a state that requires helmet use, I question your judgement, since your actions as a member of the motorcycle press reflect on the entire sport. Like it or not, writers in the special interest press, because of their unique situation of being members of and commentators on the community they cover, are also seen representatives of that community by the main stream media and readers.

Since your actions affect not just your image but that of the rest of the riding public, I questioned why I should value your assessment of the Road Star when you didn't bother to wear a legal helmet. If your helmet is DOT legal and a for-novelty-only item, I will apologize publicly right now. However, I think a quick trip to the Head Protection Research Laboratory would be a fun way to check out the lid to be certain.

So, in closing, I'm not trying to protect you from yourself. You're a big boy and can live with the personal consequences of your actions. When I feel your actions could affect the sport I've devoted a large part of my life to, I voice my opinion as a counterpoint. I think that SB, emissary of motorcycling good will that he is, would understand.

Evans
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2003, 09:46 AM   #72
ebass
Founding Member

Default Oh my Gawd!

You know that part where I said Brasfield was a better role model than I am . . .

I take it back!

Heterosexually yours,

EBass
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 09:47 AM   #73
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default dude ....

i go riding ALL THE TIME with hawg jockeys. don't try to tell me with a straight face they are as reliable as japanese bikes. even most of their owners will admit that they concede reliability in the name of hawg bliss.

i will say this about hawgs: they are by far the nicest looking, best-sounding cruisers. plus if i was a single man i might be tempted to buy one. they are definite chick magnets!
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 10:05 AM   #74
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: '04 Yamaha Road Star Feedback

Yeah, and I'm sure that:

1) That's the only Road Star forum on the web.

2) They exclusively use that forum for customer feedback, do no testing of their own either before or after they release a product, and do no other research.

They spend three or four years developing that bike- that doesn't sound hurried to me. Also, if any of those problems were in significant numbers, I would hope that there would have been recalls on them by now. Yamaha, as well as most other manufacturers, are usually quick to recall their products if there is a known defect to avoid this exact situation with unhappy customers. And if an individual customer does have a problem, that's what warranty claims are for.

By the way, how does a speedo leak? Do you mean water getting inside?

Old 06-06-2003, 10:07 AM   #75
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Okay, then what was it?
Old 06-06-2003, 10:13 AM   #76
SmokeU
Registered Member

If I had a toaster I would have three times already
Old 06-06-2003, 10:15 AM   #77
lesmesa
Founding Member

Default Re: i wouldn't hit my dawg in the butt ...

Dang it, you're right! Those C-bikes are fugly as all hell! George W in drag - eeeeeuuuuuu, MAN! Just the thought of it gives me the willies! How about Rummy in drag - oh man, I'm gonna hurl! As a soon to be ex-Harley owner I have to say ALL the big four make a better Harley! (As an ex-R1150RT owner, I say make mine an R1150RT!)
lesmesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 10:23 AM   #78
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: dude ....

Dude. I ride a Harley. Have ridden them for years. You gave an example that had nothing to do with Harley, I didn't. I had Japanese bikes that broke after 2000 miles. I have a current Harley that has over 20 grand on the clock without a glitch. Harley's are not as reliable as some Japanese bikes and more reliable than others. Get over it.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:23 AM   #79
lesmesa
Founding Member

Default Re: To my Guardian Angel . . .

"However, I think a quick trip to the Head Protection Research Laboratory would be a fun way to . . . " Good God man - did you read this before you posted it!? LOL! Sounds like a rippin good time to me!
lesmesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 10:24 AM   #80
ebass
Founding Member

Default FYI

The helmet in question is DOT approved.

So we're all waiting for that public apology.

Frankly though, given your fashion sense (per sam_freed's post), not to mention your hypocritical comments, I think it best if you just stayed out of public, Eva. If posing in high heels and a dress while doing a burnout is your idea of being an "emissary of the sport" than we can all do without your emissions. Maybe there's a nice corndog manufacturer somewhere that needs microwaving instructions.

Keepin' it legal,

EBass
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote