Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-05-2003, 12:34 PM   #11
sjriott
Founding Member

Default Re: '04 Yamaha Road Star Feedback

No performance data? I just want something like this with an upgraded, more powerful Vmax engine. Not some stupid, air cooled V twin.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2003, 12:48 PM   #12
smomack
Founding Member

Hey, EBass!

I like your writing style, keep up the good work. It's good to read something about a favorite subject that has a sense of humor. While performance data and raw numbers are good, by themselves they become numbing.

If you were next to me, I'd give you a friendly kick in the ass for wearing an ice-cream bowl as a helmet. Your writing is evidence that you aren't stupid, so why the useless hat?

And a side note to Harley-Davidson....

Look at Yamaha's Star line. They make your bikes better than you do. Get on the bus, Gus.
smomack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 12:56 PM   #13
DialedIN
Founding Member

Great read..... Nice cruiser. Glad to see cruisers coming out of the dark ages with tubless tires. Now when is Yamaha going to fuel inject thier cruiser?

To the guy griping about performance data , hey its a cruiser, the "road Star" has never been classified "performance cruiser" thats the "warriors" job. I do like the fact that Yamaha sells performance goodies for thier cruisers. Some people just gots to have MO!
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 01:16 PM   #14
Fugaziiv
Founding Member

that was a fun read. good job.
Fugaziiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 01:41 PM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Entertaining and different. Nice job Eric. I gotta know something. Would you wear that helmet at all if Kalifornication law didn't make you wear the thing? No, says I.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:45 PM   #16
lostdog
Founding Member

Default Re: Stupid helmet

I'd call him unprepared.

I took rain gear to the intro--along with my full faced helmet.
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 01:51 PM   #17
lostdog
Founding Member

Just a DOT helmet that looks like it fits properly. After all, California has a helmet law.

BTW, Yamaha makes nice jackets with proper protection. So, his wimpy helmet seems to contradict the jacket, sturdy boots, and gloves. I don't think that he needed to built-in armor to beef up his appearance. (Although cameras are supposed to add 10 lbs.)

Evans
lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 02:14 PM   #18
ebass
Founding Member

Default To my Guardian Angel . . .

. . . I will say this, "You are absolutely right".

I personally recommend that the most prudent choice for any rider, is to wear a full-face helmet at all times as well as other appropriate protective gear.

That having been said, I have never been accused of living my life prudently. When I want to feel the ocean breeze on my cheeks, or listen to the birds singing as I cruise an all but deserted country road, I just do, and that's my choice, and it's perfectly legal, and yes, when in states with no helmet law, I will sometimes do without altogether.

But thanks for your concern, and for being a better role model than I am. Your points are all quite valid. Then again, WWSBD?

Dust in the Wind,

EBass

ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 02:14 PM   #19
KPaulCook
Banned

Touché good one. 50 points for lostdog.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 02:29 PM   #20
KPaulCook
Banned

Great review loved these lines "The 15% hp increase, ooh, aah, zzzz. C'mon, let's face it, this is a pure cruiser, and fifteen percent faster than slow as molasses running uphill is still... slow. " and "Yamaha has produced a saddle that even Homer Simpson would be proud to call his own!" Great writing. Funny and entertaining. Loved the pictures too bad Yossef doesn't have the same photographer.

How much was this thing compared to a Harley? I think most folks like Homer Simpson wouldn't know the difference.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote