Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 06-09-2003, 03:24 AM   #131
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Evans, please go away

No, you took it from me long ago and you are soon approaching KPaul status. If I need a moron anytime soon, I'll give you a call.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2003, 05:56 AM   #132
Whatmough
Founding Member

Default Re: '04 Yamaha Road Star Feedback

I enjoyed the mental free thought (base). What would Sonny do? Great line, which is probably what Sonny would do.

Now if we can only get you fitted for a proper rain suit (straight jacket). The fem-bots might be able to help you there, if you just smile for them and stand at attention.
Whatmough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 07:49 AM   #133
gooseman_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Mags

'Friction Zone' and 'Backroads'!

LMAO!

Should be 'fiction Zone' and 'Backdoors' in light of your penchant for wig+skirt wearing.

By the way, do you know the HighWayMan?
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 08:00 AM   #134
gooseman_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Puns

I believe the good Captain was defending you, as his post was in response to Sam's.....Dumbass.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:15 AM   #135
gooseman_1
Founding Member

Default Re: i wouldn't hit my dawg in the butt ...

I think we should get LostDog's opinion on this drag thing.....
Old 06-09-2003, 09:11 AM   #136
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Sure, that's exactly what they want. That's why half of the Road Star owners that I've talked to used to own Harleys, and sold them and bought a Road Star. Face it, Harley wasn't and will never be the first, last, and only company to make cruisers. I know a little about bikes, and so do many other people on this site, and I am quite impressed by this bike. Judging by the other posts for this story, so are a few other people. I don't know why you aren't, and quite frankly I don't give a sh!t.

Your ignorance about this category and what people want is embarassing. You didn't have to include your sentence stating that you're not a cruiser rider because it shows in the rest of your post. Did you ever consider that some people don't want to emulate Harley riders? Maybe they like to ride on weekends with two or three friends who ride other brands/types of bikes and don't really care what Harley riders think. Maybe they ride by themselves. Maybe they just want a comfortable bike to ride their wife/girlfriend on the back. Or , (here's a real shocker to the elitist Harley crowd), they formed their own group of Road Star or VTX or Intruder owners and prefer to hang with other people who own metric cruisers.

Your post also states that people who buy metric cruisers only buy them because they don't have the money to afford a Harley. That is the same argument used by typical elitist Harley riders who just can't accept that someone else would ride a bike different from theirs. Face it, some people buy metric cruisers because that's what they want, period. Maybe the metric bike offers more reliability, more advanced technology (if that turns ya on), more power, maybe they like the styling better, whatever. But to state that all metric cruiser buyers make the purchase based solely on price is ignorant. Also, some people ride their bikes and don't look at a motorcycle as an investment. They couldn't care less about the resale value.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:59 PM   #137
seruzawa
The Toad

Feel better now?
Old 06-09-2003, 06:09 PM   #138
vfr44
Founding Member

You can now read about the bike - motorcycledaily.com now has their report on the '04 Road Star up and it's facts and riding impressions and he wears a full face helmet.

Not a hint of a fat guy in a bathrobe. Maybe this test was really was an audition for the open slot in the "Two Fat Ladies" cooking show - you know the BBC/PBS show where these two Brit ladies (one now deceased) tour around in a sidecar equipped newer Triumph and cook lard loaded English traditional food. Befor I get flamed = it actually was a pretty entertaining show which this road test was not.
vfr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 11:18 PM   #139
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

It seems kind of ludicrous to me that someone would choose to buy a bike that looks EXACTLY like a Harley--but they don't really want a Harley--they just like that style of bike--Harley style--but they don't really want a Harley.

Although you consider me "ignorant", I’ve been riding for 30 years. I’ve heard this story from Japanese cruiser riders dozens of times "I wanted a Harley, but my wife wouldn’t let me spend that much" – "Someday I’ll get a Harley…" or something similar.

I can understand people buying cruisers like the Valk or R1200C. There are nice cruisers out there that have their own unique style and are not pretending to be something else.

MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 05:45 AM   #140
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Yes, actually I do.